We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cosy romantic stay during June in Hua Hin. Help!

Singapore
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for cosy romantic stay during June in Hua Hin. Help!

Hubby & I planning a romantic getaway in Hua Hin this June. Any recommmendations on hotel? Wouldn't mind any feedback on the following resorts :-

1) Aleenta

2) The Rock Beach Resort & Spa

3) Anantara

Preferences :

1) Not too remote - We like to venture about so must not have difficulty in getting transport at the hotel

2) Must be near to nice places to eat. We love Thai food, esp. the seafood in HH. We stayed @ the Hilton in HH previously with kids & had a great time!

3) At least must hv TV - For occasional contact with the outside world

As you can see, we need help!! Tks!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for cosy romantic stay during June in Hua Hin. Help!

Have you looked at The Evasion - really nice boutique hotel. The Marriott and The Anantara are both lovely places to stay also - much more of a 'Thai' feel to them compared to Hilton or Sheraton.

All within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants.

Let me know if you want more information.

Makata

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for cosy romantic stay during June in Hua Hin. Help!

Aleenta and the Evason are 'not' in Hua hin but are in pranburi, about 30 mins south of Hua hin, if you want remote they are both ok, but if you want to be nearer or in Hua hin I doubt they would suit you.

All these places have at least cable, if you want comprehensive TV then you need one that has UBC for a full range of movies etc.

The Anantara is nice, very Thai feel, just north of town, easy enough to get to and from town.

The Rock - Very trendy and well designed, only downers are no garden and you have steps down to the beach, but rooms are stylish and restaurant good, the pool is quite small and nice, but without any garden your only have the deck are near the pool to sit out on.

Wora Bura - This is very Sofitel in design, lovely spa, the pool is a good size and masses of small ponds/bridges, plenty of area to relax, nicely done!

The Wora Bura is just before The Rock, the Wora Bura is just past the Hyatt.

Every 15-20 mins the Songthaew bus operates along the road that passes The Rock, Wora Bura and Hyatt areas, just 10 Baht into town, daylight hours only, otherwise tuk-tuks and taxis are 24 hrs a day.

For romance I would take a good look at the Wora Bura ! It is not too big, rooms are lovely, quiet but still easy access to/from town ( they also have a shuttle various times which is quite good ).

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for cosy romantic stay during June in Hua Hin. Help!

Of course there are always the Club Rooms at the Hyatt also.

Some of my favorite restaurants in Hua Hin are near the Wora Bura / Rock area, Let's Sea is great, even for just a late night drink, just before Wora Bura, they have also opened a very nice boutique resort, they call it an 'Al Fresco Resort', please, don't ask, no idea what that means ! Nice rooms but it is behind their restaurant and access to beach not that good.

Supatra by the Sea is just south of there, both these restaurants are upper price range.

If yuo are happy eating more local Thai style Madame Green's in Takiab Village has great Thai food and is famous, it's a very local atmosphere.

I am not a fan of the Marriott, the more expensive rooms are ok but not the base price, if you are going as a couple. In town it is hard to beact the Sofitel, but personaly I am happy to 'go into' town in the evnings but during the day much prefer the South beach area from Hyatt southwards, still only 7 mins to town, but the new Mall is only 4-5 mins away from that area.

Singapore
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for cosy romantic stay during June in Hua Hin. Help!

Dear All that replied,

Thank you thank you so much for your fast response.

Hubby thinks that Anantara would be filled to the brim during the June period with the school hols.

Still looking at Pranburi area like The Aleenta. Seems to have pretty good reviews.

The Rock also seems nice as well. Decent reviews.

Anyone ever been to Aleenta? Is it really remote?

I am willing to live without TV for 2-3 nights if it is really breathtaking?!?!?!

Anything to eat around the Aleenta? I am a real foodie...will starve if given spa food! haha.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for cosy romantic stay during June in Hua Hin. Help!

There are some local Thai restaurants in the area and also restaurants at the other hotel/resort places, there is one just past the Evason(before if you are heading from Aleenta) which is very good value, but for lots of restaurants you would need to go to Hua Hin.

6. Re: Looking for cosy romantic stay during June in Hua Hin. Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 am, August 29, 2009