We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist type.?

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist type.?

Can anyone tell me in general terms, the type of tourist's /mix that I am likely to come across in Hua Hin.?

Traveling there in June with my wife so looking for some quality time, Some good food in a nice restaurant or two, have a few drinks at night maybe have a look around etc.

Our wost nightmare would be myself & wife jammed in the middle of Chavy England shirt wearing brits, who seem to shout a lot & Vicky Pollard types.. Is this likley to happen to me in Hua Hin?

Hope this post makes sence to yous?

Regards Davie.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist type.?

HI

Yes

when I was in Hua Hin I saw many retired brits

quite a lot live there.

Hua Hin is low keyed and very peaceful though

you won't find the excitement or partying of Phuket or the sleaze

of Pattaya.

you will find an older crowd who like good food good bars and being taken care off.

I was there for 5 days spent everyday walking on the beach and sitting by the pool. very relaxing. but not really my cup of tea.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist type.?

Hi Bedlingt0n there are a small number of Brits about but I would say you are more likely to come across more Europeans than anyone else.Quite a few russians about although they tend to keep themselves to themselves.

Don't think I seen too many "Chav" types last year.They are more likely to be somewhere like Sharm El Sheikh as it seems to be the new in place to go.Most single Brits are likely to be looking for a Thai wife and they come in all shapes, ages and sizes.Hua Hin is more like a Thai town than a holiday resort and I don't think that you will be disappointed with your holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh
South Sinai, Egypt
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist type.?

I agree with motherwell, we loved our stay last year in Hua Hin, going back again in a couple of months. Top place for quality time, good restaurants and not a rat race at all.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist type.?

Like yourself barkem we are returning in June and we can't wait.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist type.?

We love Hua Hin so much that we've bought a home there a couple of years ago and will very soon be retiring there on a permanant basis. There are quite a lot of Brits and Scandinavians but you'll find most nationalities. I think you'll find it a peaceful, friendly and a laid back typical Thai sort of town, more known for its surrounding countryside rather than its beaches which are still perfectly OK. Enjoy yourselves.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist type.?

Most visitorsa to Hua Hin are actualy Thai , mostyly from Bangkok. There are lots from HK, Singapore and Korea, yes there are also tourists from Europe, Australia, SA, Gulf etc.

Hua Hin is relaxed and tame, you will not find they type which I pressume/guess you mean, though I am not familiar with the terminology. It does not attract what you could term the louad or rowdy types.

I think you will find it very pleasant, nice restaurants and relaxed lifestyle.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist type.?

No, not that many Brits in Hua Hin - more Scandinavians I'd say of those that live there -well, all the Westerners bar two I know who live there are from Finland,Denmark and Sweden. To be really honest, I think Hua Hin is becoming a bit boring. The beach ain't great, prices are going up alarmingly by Thai standards. Yes, there are great resorts and better beaches just south of town, but the place is in danger of losing its charm. But then where isn't I suppose.

Mentioned in this post
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist type.?

Thanks you all for the informative & timley response. You have cleared that concern up for me. Hua Hin Sounds just what were are after.

Cheers

Davie.

9. Re: Tourist type.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 28, 2009