We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on what to wear in Thailand!!

Which Hat Yai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on what to wear in Thailand!!

Hi

I am off to Thailand for the first time in a few weeks and have been doing some reading about the country before my trip. One thing that has been documented in some books and not in others is appropriate clothing. I usually wear vests, shorts, etc and have been assured that the weather is pretty good at this time of year but am concerned that this would be frowned upon.

Can you give me some advice? I am restricted to one small bag as we will be travelling to Bangkok, Koh Samui, Phuket and Chang Mai and my boyfriend has assured me that I will be carrying my own luggage!!!

Your advice would be much appreciated as I want to be comfortable but also don't want come across as some British / yobbo / tourist type - completely ignoring the culture of the country I am visiting!!!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on what to wear in Thailand!!

You will be fine in that gear most of the time. The only exception is visiting temples and palaces when they require you to have your shoulders and knees covered. A sarong does for the knees bit and a t-shirt for the top half is fine.