We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Johore(JB)-KL/Penang-Hatyai-Krabi

noisyplanet
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Johore(JB)-KL/Penang-Hatyai-Krabi

Hi,

I am planning a 7 days trip by either train and bus to either KL or Penang, than to Hatyai - Krabi. I welcome any advice and suggestions as I am rather lost.

1. Is there any lockers for baggage at the KL train station or where can i store my bags as we do not intend to stay at KL? From KL, should i take a train or bus to Penang?

2. Is taking a train from butterworth to Hatyai a better option than bus? If so, where can I buy a bus ticket and any idea about the cost? Do they leave at any hours?

Any inputs are welcome. Thank you.

noisyplanet
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Johore(JB)-KL/Penang-Hatyai-Krabi

oops, by the way, I do not want to take a train from JB direct to Penang because it is a long journey departing from Jb at 8.28am and only to arrive at Butterworth at 9.45pm at night. I am concern of safety since we are 2 females.

Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Johore(JB)-KL/Penang-Hatyai-Krabi

In Malaysia, bus travel is generally faster than the trains and service is more frequent. It's also cheap. All the inter-city buses I've been on have been clean, fairly comfortable and never more than half full.

noisyplanet
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Johore(JB)-KL/Penang-Hatyai-Krabi

Thanks Jer21. That's helpful. Any idea if it is possible to secure 2 seats during the school holiday season?

4. Re: Johore(JB)-KL/Penang-Hatyai-Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, May 04, 2010