We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quickest way from CM to BK

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Quickest way from CM to BK

Hi guys!

After reading many forums there seems to be some confusion about getting to BKK from CR. And it doesn't help that the posts that I did find are outdated. So I am attempting to reach out to the experts here on TA !

I will be in CM for a few days and then taking a bus up to CR. I then need to get to BKK from CR to catch the 6AM bus that goes to Koh Tao.

Can you please advise the best transportation route to get to BKK? Whether it be from CM or CR? Plane tickets seem to be quite expensive so I don't think it will fit my budget but maybe they are cheaper last minute deals when you go into the airport (kind of like last minute sales for fill up the plane?).

Another option I found is take a bus back to CM from CR and grab the night train that goes to BKK. I end up spending a day in BKK because the train arrives at around the time the boat would leave.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Quickest way from CM to BK

sawadeeka,

Its been decided that we will catch Sleeper Train 85 leaving Bangkok around 19:30 and arriving in Chumphon at 4 AM the Lomprayah boat leaves at 7 AM which means we would have three hours to hang around the harbour. Not sure if anything is open then so we can grab some food. This will gives a full day to spend in KT.

12. Re: Quickest way from CM to BK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 26, 2015