We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RecommendationsForPlacesToVisit&StayAtDoiWawi/DoiChang Area

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RecommendationsForPlacesToVisit&StayAtDoiWawi/DoiChang Area

we are going to spend one day and perhaps one overnight stay in the area of Doi Wawi and Doi Chang area on our way from Chiang Rai back to Chiang Mai in early Feb. Can someone please suggest us places we should visit in this area and a good inexpensive place to stay over night. Thks so much in advance.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RecommendationsForPlacesToVisit&StayAtDoiWawi/DoiChang Area

Sorry, I don't have any advice on this one. Maybe someone else can weigh in.

Broder

Edited: 1:04 am, December 05, 2013
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RecommendationsForPlacesToVisit&StayAtDoiWawi/DoiChang Area

I might be wrong, but I think there is only one place to stay at Doi Wawi and that is the Laolee Resort. Wawi is quite remote, another 50km from Mae Salong and gets very few tourists. It's another Chinese village like Mae Salong and local history has it, that it was the inspiration for the residents of Mae Salong to grow tea a few years later.

Laolee will be about 750 baht/night and serves excellent Chinese food.

3. Re: RecommendationsForPlacesToVisit&StayAtDoiWawi/DoiChang Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 07, 2014