We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested itinerary Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jordan Valley
Level Contributor
385 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested itinerary Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai

We are looking for an itinerary for this region beginning 5th January (arrival evening).

We are 3 or 4 middle-aged women. We planned to fly into Chiang Rai & stay a couple of nights before making our way to Chiang Mai (total of 5-6 days).

What would be the most economical way of arranging trips to the Golden Triangle & Hill Tribes. Should we look for tour companies on arrival or is it best to plan & book beforehand?

We planned to transfer to Chiang Mai via the VIP bus.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested itinerary Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai

If there are three of four of you it may be economical to hire a guide and have a private tour, as you can divide the cost by the four of you. It really depends on your budget. In the FAQ in the upper right hand corner of this forum page I have an FAQ for Costs for Tours and Tourist Sites in Chiang Rai area. May I suggest you review that and determine if it is within your price range? If not you might want to look at one of the large tour groups that offer tours.

As for what you might want to do with your time in Chiang Rai, may I suggest you look at the FAQ on Top 30 Things to Do and Alternate Activities and see if any of those interest you? Once we have an idea of what appeals to you we could better assist you with your planning.

Safe Travels,

Broder

2. Re: Suggested itinerary Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 19, 2014