Just starting to really think about the nitty gritty, but getting excited! Have some random questions that hope folks can help me out with:
1. In Chiang Rai, is the level of spiciness the same as the rest of Thailand. E.g. I usually order food to be medium spicy everyone else in the world, but in Bangkok, have learned that I need to order "low" spice. Same in Chiang Rai?
2. I read how wonderful the bamboo raft from Jermsak is, but what do you do/where do you go? I was told it's an extra 2000 to take this, and it is more expensive than just going on a longtail boat as part of our regular tour package.
3. Any tips on getting money? Learned that I will have to exit airport in Bangkok to transfer baggage, so can find ATM in Bangkok to get money out. Better to get money out of ATM in Bangkok or Chiang Rai? Any local banks to use or to stay away from? Better to use a money changer? How much is maximum to withdraw from ATM at a time?
4. taxi from the airport - is it metered, or do I need to bargain? Do I need to be careful to look for only certain licensed cabs?
5. My DH loves coffee, is there a particular recommendation of a great thai brand? Supermarket coffee is ok too, if it it is good. He's found some really great local brands in supermarkets in Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam based on recommendations before, but also have found some big misses. Not sure if Thailand is known for coffee, and don't want the expensive tourist stuff, but just some different good flavor recommendations would be great.
Thanks again for everyone's help! Getting excited!!!