We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

He is closing imminently to concentrate on his business back home.

Shame, as it is one of the best Pizza's in town.

This is a favourite place on Friday early evenings for English speaking people to congregate and tonight is his goodbye party starting at 6pm, all are welcome.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

Hi Bruce

Don't know if you are aware, but Rico's is in fact still operating. Rico has gone, but couldn't sell the business so its continuing on under a Thai manager.

We were there last night (Tuesday), and there was quite a crowd of expats and locals, and the pizza was still good (on a par, but different style to Bella).

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

Thanks for updating us Ctrunfree.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Broder

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

Hi ctrunfree,

Thanks for posting this, I did hear it was going to stay open with his Son running the business too but I forgot to post it here, it's good news because it's a favourite watering hole for expats out here.

Bruce

Chiang Mai
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

Good to hear it's still open! Marie (nannyre)

Chiang Rai, Chiang...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

Also glad it's still open. Excellent food, service and value. There seems to be a new manager getting his feet wet at the moment. I find it hard to believe he couldn't sell it. I'm guessing he had numerous offers, and I'm under the impression his wife would like to start a different kind of business elsewhere. Anyway, hope it stays open and keeps pizza on the menu. Good luck to Rico-

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

Still open as of today. Went in yesterday for a beer. That is what I got "A BEER". Service very poor. Girl walking around singing to herself. common in Thailand

7. Re: Rico's Restaurant @ Chiang Rai Corner is closing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 10, 2015