We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our activities last weekend in Chiang Rai

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Our activities last weekend in Chiang Rai

Mr. Jermsak got back to us fairly promptly and politely, but he was booked up.

We went on the walk last weekend and it was wonderful (thank you Bruce, sorry we didn't get to meet you). The weather stayed good and the whole thing was over before it got too hot. It was really good to make new friends and gain the perspective of the people who have upped-sticks and made Chiang Rai their home. Almost all of them seem to be Caucasian men with Thai wives, but not all.

We were made very welcome, so much so that we joined the picnic the next day and have made some wonderful new friends.

We didn't make it to the Indian Curry evening because we were out at the night bazaar followed by more swigging away with our new friends on Jet Yod Road, I felt a bit like a student again!

This has been a bit of a game-changer for us. We are now thinking about retiring early to Chiang Rai and getting out the rat race. We have a few sums to do when we get home to see if it's a go-er.

We have been to Chiang Rai a couple of times before but the friendliness of the retirees here has completely overwhelmed us.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our activities last weekend in Chiang Rai

Thanks for posting this Alice. I'm pleased you've had such a wounderful family get together in such an idyllic location.

It sounds as if you too have fallen into the rabbit hole we all know as, Chiang Rai.

Have fun

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our activities last weekend in Chiang Rai

Nice to hear your trip went so well.

Good luck with your exploration of Chiang Rai as a new home. It is a wonderful area.

Broder

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our activities last weekend in Chiang Rai

Hi Alice,

I retired here a number of years ago and Im happy to offer any help or advice I can. I'm glad you had a good time, they're a very friendly bunch up here.

Bruce

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our activities last weekend in Chiang Rai

Glad you enjoyed Chiang Rai so much so that you're thinking of retiring there, it's a great place.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our activities last weekend in Chiang Rai

Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us. I think that Chiang Rai sounds like a perfect place to live.

Hamzy

6. Re: Our activities last weekend in Chiang Rai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 03, 2014