We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite place for a foot massage?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Favourite place for a foot massage?

I'd like to know whether anyone has had a foot massage for a reasonable price (not a fancy spa) - I'm looking for a gentle one that will leave me relaxed after a day's walking - one that I can walk away from with a new spring in my step, not hobble forth with more bruising than I went in with!

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favourite place for a foot massage?

Hi Shirry,

I've never been there myself, but my Puerto Rican ex-pat friend often goes to the one diagonnally opposite the wiang Inn, I think it is between a bank and the Air Asia agency office. It's on Phaholyothin Road, very near the traffic lights, it's maybe 50 metres or so South of Da Vinci's.

Bruce

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favourite place for a foot massage?

Hi Shirry:

I think the foot massages are often hit and miss, but here are a few ideas.

If you can find the old Starbright hotel (down the side road near the night market, turn by the money exchange), there are three massage places on the opposite side of the street from the Starbright and two of them are pretty good. It is the two closest to the Starbright that I have found the best. The one closer to the corner has not been a positive experience for me. I also tend to avoid the ones that are on the same side of the street as the Starbright and further down the road toward the Cat Bar.

A couple of other suggestions are the one that is across from the entrance to the Night Market. It is very serene and quiet and I have had great, soft and more gentle foot massages there, but have had not so great Thai massages there.

The other option is the military hospital. I know this sounds odd but they offer massages and the public can go in and obtain a foot massage. It is not to far from Baan Nattawadee if you are planning to stay there. On one of my trips to Baan Nattawadee, Fong arranged for three of the women from the military hospital to come to our room in the early evening to do foot massages for us. The were probably the best ones I had in Chiang Rai and also the least expensive.

I've tried several others, and it just seems to be hit or miss. If I find a good person, I go back and ask for them the next day.

Good luck,

Broder

Brisbane
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favourite place for a foot massage?

Thanks so much, Broder! I'll very likely be at Baan Nattawadee so the military hospital sounds like the place.

Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Favourite place for a foot massage?

we are going on a walk on saturday morning so I might be in desperat need of a foot massage :-) now I have lots of places to choose from, thank you so much.

5. Re: Favourite place for a foot massage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 22, 2014