We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Travellers to Chiang Rai

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
October Travellers to Chiang Rai

Dear All, I would be happy to host fellow forum members for a wine & cheese afternoon at my home in the mountains North East of Chiang Rai if there are going to be a few here who fancy a bit of a get together and a chin-wag.

country victoria
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Travellers to Chiang Rai

Sorry Bruce but I will be busy on my Tours with Jermsak during my visit to CR.........cant wait!

shona

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Travellers to Chiang Rai

Hi Shona, I'm sure you will have a great time with Jermsak, I think we all believe everyone does. Do post us a tripreport afterwards, it's always great to hear about peep's holidays here. On second thoughts, my place is a long way out of town, the best restaurant around here is Aek-o-cha, might be better if any meeting takes place there, we could book one of their private rooms if there are a lot of people. I am always being pestered by daughter and her cousin to take her!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Travellers to Chiang Rai

Bruce J..love that restaurant. Great food and service..went there in January when we wer in CR..

Hamzy

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October Travellers to Chiang Rai

I used to live in Huay Pla Kang 3 or 4 km away and Aek-O-Cha was our regular haunt. Of all the restaurants serving Thai cuisine I have eaten at in Thailand over the last 6+ years, none is as good as this one. Sizzling Beef on a Hot Plate (Nua Kra Ta), Prawns in Tempura Batter, Spicy Lemon Pork (Moo Manao), Beef in Hong Kong Sauce (not very Thai, but I love it) and my daughter always chooses the Pineapple Fried Rice (Kao ob Sapolot) which comes with some fried chicken and sliced sausage in it and a delicious incredibly spicy beef salad (Yum Nua) which is not for those with sensitive stomachs. And of course there is a great childrens playground in the enclosed garden to keep the little ones occupied before the food arrives, which is never very long. I am always amazed by the bill, it's usually around 200 baht/head for a feast of more than we can eat and my bottle of Leo. I have been a couple of times with my ex-pat friends and the restaurant is very happy for them to bring their own bottle of whisky and just charge for the mixers and ice. I think I have just talked myself into another visit, bang goes the diet I started yesterday!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October Travellers to Chiang Rai

Aek-O-Cha is one of my two favorite restaurants in Chiang Rai.

I am still planning our itinerary for October and other than reserving our guide, I haven't figured out too much yet, but will be in touch after I do so.

Thank you for the invitation.

Broder

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October Travellers to Chiang Rai

@Broder, you're very welcome. I hope we get the chance to meet up.

Bruce

7. Re: October Travellers to Chiang Rai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2014