We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for help for a short road trip CNX to CR

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chiang Mai
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for help for a short road trip CNX to CR

I've been of TA for what now seems like forever and am a DE on the Chiang Mai Forum. I live in CM and haven't been up to CR in years and years now so I need a little help planning a "road trip" since I want to get out of the pollution here in CM for just a bit.. Yes, I've already done a bit of research, but as I said, not having been up there in over 5 years I'm sure things have changed. I also know looking at the various hotel sites the pictures can be quite different than what you actually find when you check in. So here are some questions I hope I can get some answers to:

I plan to travel from CNX to CR on the VIP Green Bus - is there a place close to the bus station in CR that rents motorbikes, and if so will they supply helmets also or should I bring my own helmet with me? (I would rather not have to carry it, but won't ride a bike anywhere without a helmet)

Of the following hotels some of which get good reviews and some of which I can find nothing what would be a good choice?

Sukthavorn Residence

Kong Garden View Resort Chiang Rai

Nak Nakara Hotel

B2 (understand there is more than one of these?)

The last time I was in CR there was a clock tower. Reading some of the posts on here am I now to understand that there is more than one of them and if so when communicating with various hotel sites and they say they're near the clock tower ....new one or old one??? I'm dazed and confused living in Chiang Mai...what can I say?

Regarding hotels also - I understand there is a winery there that also rents rooms? Anybody know the name of this place, or stayed there?

That's it for now - am sure I will have more questions and know I can depend on getting help here on T/A Thanks in advance - Marie (nannyre)

31. Re: Looking for help for a short road trip CNX to CR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, March 06, 2013
32. Re: Looking for help for a short road trip CNX to CR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 08, 2014