We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Night/3 Days JBR.

chittaway bay
Level Contributor
271 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
2 Night/3 Days JBR.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all your advice :)

We had previously been in Chiang Mai for 2 nights so this was Day 3 of our Part 1 adventure in Thailand.

.We had booked a tour from Blue Elephant Tours that left from CM early in the morning. our itinerary included : Hot Springs, White temple, Golden triangle including a 1.5 hr boat trip to Laos, buffet lunch, Long neck tribe, long ear etc, and Mae Sai border. The rest of the tour group ( 8 people) then drove the 3 hr trip back to CM but we stayed in Chiang Rai for 2 nights. Excellent day, great guide (Nancy) and didn't feel rushed at all. The B&B we stayed at was called Baan Soontree and was absolutely gorgeous. As we are a family of 2x adults and 2x children aged 9&12 we had to book 2 "Bungalows". but this was perfect. Breaky was included and nice. Staff friendly and very helpful. We walked to the night bizarre and found plenty of markets and food stalls to have dinner at. Tuk Tuk back to Baan Soontree.

DAY 4 Jermsaks guide MR Charlie was suppose to be our guide for this day but after struggling to get a response for the days leading up to reaching CR we finally got in contact only for Mr charlie to say unfortunately he was unable to take us on our day tour but he had a standby. So "Ang" arrived to be our guide for the day. She was lovely, great english and was great with the kids. We visited "El Shadai" orphanage which was a huge surprise for us as i had asked to visit here but it was never confirmed in our email so to visit this little place and for the children aged 4-16 to sing us a couple of welcome songs was beautiful. Would of been easy to spend the day here playing with the boys and girls but they were off to school and we were off to explore some more. Next stop a walk to a waterfall, that was ok, but the bit we were waiting for was the famous "raft ride" . We had an excellent time floating down the Mee kok river, with 2 "drivers" steering the raft. Ang had ordered our lunch earlier so it was ready when we arrived to the raft. Very safe, very slow flowing river, fitted with life jackets, perfect for all ages. I think 1.5 hrs later we reached the end of our raft ride and walked a little to then come out at another hot spring. Very relaxing spot. A few little shops to buy icecreams/drinks/toilet stop etc...Eventually we drove back to B&B for a snooze before hitting the night markets later.....more shopping, more street food and roti for dessert!

DAY 5. Time to leave Chiang rai. 2nights earlier we had found the green VIP bus stop near the markets so we had booked our 4 tickets for our trip back to Chiang Mai. I think 1300 baht for our family. Bus was very clean, reclining seats, a thai movie which was interesting and a drink and biscuits. We loved our time in Chiang Rai, probably should of spent 3 nights there to explore the city more but i guess thats for another holiday :)

renaej

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
505 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Night/3 Days JBR.

Another great JBR! We are doing a very similar trip in May but have booked Jermsak for the 2 days, any tips?

What a great day for trawling through Tripadvisor on the sunny Central Coast :)

Kristie K

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Night/3 Days JBR.

Thanks for sharing your report with us. Glad you liked Baan Soontree. I stopped by there on this last trip and it looked lovely.

Broder

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,567 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Night/3 Days JBR.

Hi renae, a couple of the things on your trip sound like stuff we'd like to do.

You mention you booked your VIP tickets near the Markets.

Can I ask? did you catch the bus from here, or did you hop on the Green Bus out at Bus Station # 2 ?

Still raining at our place.

chittaway bay
Level Contributor
271 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Night/3 Days JBR.

hey inaspin,

we booked the tickets and caught the green vip bus from the bus station near the markets in town. i think we then travelled out of town to another bus stop to pick up a couple of people before heading south to Chiang Mai....

kristie, ill get back to you soon :)

whilst its raining here and im on a roll maybe i should continue and do my Krabi JBR!!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Night/3 Days JBR.

Another great read, thanks, we also loved Chiang Rai, it's a really nice relaxing place.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,567 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Night/3 Days JBR.

Thanks again renae j

It's good to know the VIP is available from town.

7. Re: 2 Night/3 Days JBR.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2014