We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Dear fellow travelers:

Jermsak's email has been hacked. He is unable to retrieve or send messages from the prior email address.

I received an email from a new email address, from someone stating they were Jermsak, informing me of the hacking situation and requesting I inform TA members of the new address. I have went to great lengths over the past 48 hours to confirm the email was actually from Jermsak, including contacting fellow TA member Sanjeeu, who is currently in Chiang Rai and using Jermsak's services, leaving Jermsak an email and voice mail, asking him to provide extensive details about something only he and I would know. After exercising this due diligence, I am convinced that the email from the new address is truly Jermsak and the old address is no longer valid.

For the present time, Jermsak is using a back up email address he created for his web site.

The new email is: chiangraitravelplanner@gmail.com

Jermsak has requested that if you have booked with him and are trying to contact him, please re-send your email to the address above.

If you are attempting to book with Jermsak and have not had a reply, please send a new email to the address above and discontinue using the old email address.

As many of you know this also happened to Tony Smiles, who I happened to run into three weeks ago when I was in Chiang Rai. It is really unfortunate that someone seems to be targeting these wonderful guides who work so hard to provide us all with such an amazing travel experience, as it truly disrupts their business and impacts their livelihood.

Safe Travels,

Broder

australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Wow Thanks so much Broder, as we are booked to go out with Jermsak next Sunday (3rd).

I will write to him on the other email address today (its Sunday here )

so over all these people hacking things, and as you say for someone like Jermsak and other guides who are doing a wonderful service, you truly have to wonder what they get out of it.

Good think i looked at this sight today.

I will let you know if I get a reply from him

again thanks so much

Italy
Level Contributor
39,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

We should keep this on the first page so that others that have booked will see it.

Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Good idea Chrella, as it will impact a lot of folks who have bookings over the next few months.

I'll do the same with the one for Tony Smiles.

I'll try to bump it up every few days and if I forgot, please feel free to do so also.

Broder

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Thanks for the information Broder. Will use the other email to contact Jermsak. Terrible people out there.

Sweden
Level Contributor
232 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Thanks!

I just sent a mail to his new adress.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Thank you so much for the information. I sent Jermsak an email a few days ago and haven't heard back from him. I just forwarded it to the new address. I will let you know when I hear from him.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Broder, could Jermsak's address also be changed in the FAQ Finding a Tour Guide, where it is still showing the old yahoo address?

Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

Yes! I use a Mac and Safari, which is currently not compatible with TAs page that permits revisions for the tour guide information. I have requested that Caroline08Australia, Chiang Mai DE, do it for us and she has agreed to do so.

Can't wait to hear about your February trip!

Safe Travels

Broder

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

I have written Jermsak at the new email address and he has responded. Thank you again, Broder, for letting us know.

Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent: If you are booked/trying to book Jermsak

My pleasure.

Our friend Caroline08Australia, the DE for Chiang Mai, has updated the FAQ on tour guides with Jermsak's new email, so that should help out a lot of folks.

Broder