We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

Boston...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

Hi fellow travelers,

My wife and I would like to do the raft tour with Jermsak (who we found through good reviews on this forum) this week - on 25th or 26th. We have talked to him and he is available either of those days.

We are looking for 2 or more people to join us so the cost per person can be lower. IF anyone is interested, please message us offline or write directly to Jermsak about these dates. His email is jermsak_cei@yahoo.co.th

Thanks

Sanjeev

Parntrek
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals
Japa Tour
Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Chai Machete Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Greater London...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

I don't seem to be able to work out the private message sending format ,so will continue to communicate by medium of this board.

The price is fine by me,and I am also not too comfortable with elephant rides,preferring a good hike at ground level.

Looking forward to meeting you ,your wife and Jermsak tomorrow.

By the way do you have any info on the King Mengrai festival which is taking place in Chiangrai at the moment?

Zach

Boston...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

Got your message via Private Message also, Zach. All set then.. ;-)

Had not heard of the King Mengrai festival.... may be that's something I need to google now before we head out...

Bowen, Australia
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

How did your trip go?? :0)

Greater London...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

It was a perfect day.Over breakfast that morning ,met a french guy Pierre who wanted to come along.So we had found our fourth member.We were picked up up at our hotel and met a delightful young indian couple(Sanjeev and ladywife) from Boston USA and the informative and irrepressible Jermasak,with a special bonus of his wife and 8 yr old daughter.

The perfect day started with an hours drive in the minibus where we all got to know each other.Then we arrived at the starting point for the 2 hour trek(as we had eschewed the elephant ride to get a more ground level view)This was mostly along old jungle paths which were fortunately impenetrable by motorcycle.So an oppurtunity while we trekked to pose any and many questions to the remarkable Jermasak.We came out of the jungle to the inevitable waterfall and had an easier walk back to our starting point.

Back into the van and to the next stage in the adventure.After a short drive we stopped next to the river and looked down the bank to our next form of transport.A 8 metre long bamboo raft eqipped with an oarsman / tillerman at the front and back.And a shaded rest area in the middle.This was a remarkably stable platform despite the wake of other daytrippers in their nasty loud long motor boats.But otherwise this was a serene mode of transport.As soon as we embarked Jermasek and his wife started preparig the midday meal.Starting with barbequed chicken with delicious sauces moving onto stir fried meat vegetable and nut dish,steamed rice and then a broccoli based stir fry concoction.We all agreed this to be the best meal we had experienced in Thailand.Pierre from Lyon who ran a restaurant in Toulouse(the two gourmet capitals in France) for many years was unanimous with us in our appreciation.The exquisite meal was rounded of with an exotic fruit(mangoline?) prepared by Jermsaks obliging wife.This raft experiance is well worth the extra expenditure.

Presently we docked and disembarqued at a hot natural sulphurous thermal bath and cooked our tired feet within.We were never hurried by Jermasek and when we were ready we moved back to the raft and further downstream where another driver had delivered our van.Getting into the late afternoon we went onto our last stop.A meditation cave where Jermasek explained the fundaments of Buddhism in the fading light.Then back to our various hotels.

This day was certainly the standout day of my 3 weeks in Northern Thailand.

As a group of 4 people we payed 1600 baht each .

Thanks to this site for giving us the information and oppurtunity to arrange this wonderfful day out.Cheers,Zach

PS sorry to Sanjeev's wife as I can't remember her name(Versheila?)and didn't want to pepper this appreciation with a dodgy version although she did say helpfully "call me Shelley"but I don't feel angicism's are respectful enough.Thanks again to all involved.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

Zach:

You should repost this with a new title as a trip report so more people see it. It is an excellent account of your day. Of the people I had with me for our raft trip day, which happened to be on New Years Eve, every person in the group said it was there favorite of our 16 day trip. Your report helped me relive it.

Were the fruits you had for dessert by any chance Mangosteens?

Broder

Greater London...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

Broder

I have done as you have instructed and am glad you enjoyed my account.

Thankyou for your help via the backchannels also.Yes the fruit were mangosteens,it is hard to believe what with globalisation that such a delicious fruit would not be more widely known and available.

Zach

17. Re: Anyone interested in a raft tour with Jermasak Jan 25 or 26?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 31, 2014