We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small hotel in downtown by the market

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Small hotel in downtown by the market

Want to spend more time at the market so am looking for a good hotel for the night.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small hotel in downtown by the market

I am hoping some other people will add to this thread, as I know you are looking for something more similar to a guesthouse than the Starbright. I'd love to find something with Baan Nattawadee charm that was sitting right in the middle of Chiang Rai, but haven't found it yet.

Safe Travels,

Broder

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small hotel in downtown by the market

:) Hamzy, all I can offer you is the web-site of a Guesthouse in the middle of town.

I have no idea what it's like other than the description on their site and a small note on a hand drawn map of Chiang Rai I have.

We only have two days in CR with activities planned, so we really only require a nice clean bed in a quiet location within walking distance of the town center, oh!.. and cheap is always nice.

Having been diagnosed severely colour blind, I can only guess that the description of the house... "Baan Bua Homestay is a lovely 10 rooms wooden house in Chiang Rai".. will be reflected in the typical muted tones of brown you'll see throughout Thailand.

http://www.baanbuahomestay.com/room.htm

You've been to CR before, so if you look at the site above and click on the map you'll see exactly where it is.

Have fun

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
206 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small hotel in downtown by the market

Inaspin-

Will you be staying at the Homestay? Let me know what you think if you do- I will check it out.

Enjoy your trip and happy travels.

Hamzy

Cornwall
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small hotel in downtown by the market

The holiday rental on this site (Condo Chiang Rai) is located a short walk from the food market and Saturday night walking Street. 10 Minutes walk to the center. From $23 a night. Not bad compared to hotel prices.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small hotel in downtown by the market

Some good suggestions.

Broder

6. Re: Small hotel in downtown by the market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:11 pm, June 12, 2013