We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wat Tham Pra (Buddha images) cave

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
225 reviews
Wat Tham Pra (Buddha images) cave

Just wondering if anyone had been here as I can't seem to find much info about it, thanks!

Thailand
Level Contributor
203 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Wat Tham Pra (Buddha images) cave

It's lovely. Located in the side of a small hill, within a small and secluded garden on the banks of the River Ping. A shortish flight of very steep stairs: slippery in the rain. The hill is covered with profuse flowering trees and shrubs. The cave itself is rather like being inside/underneath a huge pelvis. The Buddha images and monk effigies are tastefully arranged. There seems to be a small fireplace with the remains of contemporary horoscopes incinerated inside. Lots of cats: take a bag of catfood if you like cats. Can get there by bicycle or by boat. Is opposite Pattaya Noi. Too flooded to cross at the moment.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
167 reviews
2. Re: Wat Tham Pra (Buddha images) cave

It is lovely. I don't usually encounter too many other tourists when visiting. I was once there when we encountered three traveling monks who were spending the night in the cave. Quite an experience.

Safe Travels,

Broder

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
225 reviews
3. Re: Wat Tham Pra (Buddha images) cave

Thanks both!

We won't be there till Feb so hopefully no flooding then!

4. Re: Wat Tham Pra (Buddha images) cave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 21, 2012