We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local facilities near the Anantara

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Local facilities near the Anantara

Hi all.

We will shortly be staying at the Anantara, Golden Triangle, and was wondering if anybody had any recomendations for good, local food and/or cold beer within walking distance of the hotel?

I've had a look around, but can find very little information on the area.

Many thanks in expecation.

bfg

Toronto
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Local facilities near the Anantara

Hi,

We are going to be staying at the Anantara Hotel at the beginning of March/06. I was wondering if you found any local places for food/drink. As well as any local attractions you could recommend.

Thanks

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local facilities near the Anantara

Hi Stenb

--------------------------

I was wondering if you found any local places for food/drink...

--------------------------

Not yet. I posted the question about an hour before your respsonse... :-)

We will be there around the middle of February for a few nights - if I don't get a response from the forum, then I'll try and post my own before we get home in March.

Cheers

Bangkok..Riding in...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Local facilities near the Anantara

the hotel has a pretty much isolated location which leaves you to rely on their inhouse facilities.

you could venture out to the golden triangle area, and further down into chiang saen town, but you would need a car.

Chiang Rai
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Local facilities near the Anantara

Anantara is really a resort in the nature. To have a dinner outside, you may consider the restaurant at the imperial golden triangle.. here you view see the amazing view of Mae kong river. However, thai food is delicious but not expect toomuch for European dishes.