We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Rai in July

Woolgoolga...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Chiang Rai in July

what do you think of going there at that time of year ? Any advice would be great, i have only been to south Thailand. thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,074 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Rai in July

July is fine. You will find it hot - December and January are the cooler months. Try to choose a place with a pool if you can. You will find it does rain - and it can be heavy - but more than likely heavy tropical downpours that don't last.

There has been a lot of rain over the last six weeks.

Caroline.

Woolgoolga...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Rai in July

thanks

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Rai in July

Sandy:

I have been to northern Thailand, both Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai, in July. We had some downpours, usually in the late afternoon, which lasted for 30 to 60 minutes. The weather was hot, but it wasn't as hot as other times of the year when I have been to Chiang Rai.

We didn't find the down pours to deter our travels at all. We usually just planned to duck into a retaurant or a late afternoon beverage or get a foot massage at that time.

I would get a hotel with a pool during that time of year.

Safe Travels,

Broder

4. Re: Chiang Rai in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 27, 2011