We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, IL
Level Contributor
799 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

We are very excited as our trip with jermsak is in about 2 1/2 weeks. We booked with him quite a few months back and I was just about to send him a confirmation email when I was reading through our itinerary. I don't know why, but I feel I'm missing something. Can those of you who have toured with Jermsak and/or the area check out the 2 days and let me know what you'd change. I haven't seen anyone mention the Opium museum is this something we really want to do? What about the tea plantation? Is this a good thing to do?

Day 1:

Airport pick-up: 8:30am

Visit tribes of Yao, Akha, Lisu

Visit tea plantation

Golden Triangle (not crossing border - husband does not trust the passport thing)

Opium museum

2 hour MaeKhong speed boat trip

Lanna style temple - Wat Jediluang

El Shadai orphange

Day 2:

pick-up 8:30am

45 minute longtail ride to Karen village

No elephants - doing day long tour in Chiang Mai

Visit a waterfall

White Temple

Transfer to Chiang Mai - stopping at a hot spring

Thoughts?

Northampstonshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

Courageous Womens Club, now thats a thought!

Kind regards............RubyTour

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

Caroline:

Read your post on the AA flight. How awful. I can't believe what an awful flight you had. Hope the next one is better!

Broder

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

Hi Broder - and others on this thread.

Don't know which version of my flight report you read.

There were two versions.

The first one went absolutely nuts - an incredible twist happened during heated debate. TA ended up moving this thread to something called the 'off topic chatter forum'. I re-posted the flight report under a different heading so the info would still be on the KL forum.

If you have a few minutes and want a laugh have a read of this....

tripadvisor.com/…22868401

Caroline.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

just to add - that link I just gave goes to page 14 of the thread - just click back to page one - that's where all the fun begins.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

Hmm. I'll take a look in a minute. I just wanted to say thanks for the response. I wanted to make sure it wasn't an airline safety issue or something. Thanks.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

Caroline,

WOOF, that's quite a thread. Pretty funny. And lot of new vocab for an American. I can certainly see why they moved it to off-topic status. Thanks for the link.

-Shannon

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

Caroline:

What have you done!!! Oh my goodness. I went to take a "quick" look at your first thread and was on there for an hour reading the first 100 responses. Now it is late and I'll have to go to bed rather than answering more TA questions. My that was entertaining. I learned a lot of new "terms" that I hadn't heard before. What a thread that was.

Broder

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

I've never seen anything like it on TA.

It just went totally crazy.

Aussies like nothing better than to see a 'tall poppy' fall - people just can't let it go. It was however quite shocking to uncover the truth about Mulvi.

Caroline.

19. Re: Upcoming Itinerary with Jermsak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 19, 2010