We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendation

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendation

I just came back from a trip to Thailand (Bangkok and parts of Northern Thailand) and my favorite place by far was Chiang Rai. I loved the people, the food, and the oh-so-cheap massages! If anyone will be in Chiang Rai in the future, you must eat at Sawadeep located upstairs in the night market. Order the pad thai (or as they call it, "pud" thai) and the lightly fried fish. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.

Happy travels!

Birkenhead, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Thanks going to Chiang Rai early April'08 as part of a tour of Indochina, will look out for that place...

Chiang Rai
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

You can also check out the restaurant in The North Hotel, behind the stage of the beer garden in the Night Bazaar. Their northern style food is worth trying.

Chiang Rai
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

And they have even their own information website:

www.pheongroup.com

4. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 19, 2009