We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing place!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing place!!

Hey guys

Have just arrived back in Bangkok from a couple of days in Chiang Rai... and I cannot rave enough about what a great place CR is! Oh my god.. the most amazing food... everywhere.. great night markets, great massages, great people....

We only were there for two days due to a change of plans but feel free to contact me for more information!

Reet xx

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing place!!

Keep having fun Reet.

Maureen

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing place!!

Nice to hear from you Reet..

Sydney
Level Contributor
137 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing place!!

Yes it's great isn't it!! Probably my favourite place in Thailand... I love it too.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing place!!

HI Reet

Nice to hear from you, looking forward to reading more. Take care.

Lee xx

NH
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazing place!!

We haed out on Thursday to Chaingrai and looking for a restaurant suggestion!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amazing place!!

We were only there a couple of days but the restaurants we tried were amazing:

II Pirata - Italian - this place served the BEST gnocci ragu I have ever eaten - their pastas were beautiful although the pizza we had wasnt the best. Small serves so you might want two serves! Cheap though.

BaanChivitMai Bakery - a small Swedish bakery that serves the best caramel lattes and ham/cheese toasted sandwiches for breakfast. They use real milk ( a rarity in Thailand!) and proceeds from the bakery go to BaanChivitMai - an organisation that runs homes and education projects for vulneralbe orphaned and AIDs affected children.

We ended up using the two above restaurants for both breakfasts and dinners! Yum!

The night markets are great too. Look out for NineShop - it is a little original shop selling hand painted denim pants/skirts, tshirts and handbags.. all by a local designer. They also have a website www.nineshop99.com

You can also get some gorgeous silver jewellery at the night markets.

Reet xx

california
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing place!!

Hi Reet,

Chiangrai does not only serve delicious restaurant food but you have to soak in the beautiful places and sceneries, provided you spent ample time in the city.

One thing though, I bet you really have not fill your traveling adventure, that is to experience first hand the Northern Thai home hospitality, culture and tradition by being part of the family?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing place!!

Well maybe not NORTH thai hospitality but I was privileged to spend a night with a family in Bangkok (my tour guide from my last trip Tong)... Her and her family took me to a local restaurant, I stayed the night at their place and had them cook me breakfast too... it was amazing.

california
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Amazing place!!

Well jeet, it does give you a glimpse of the bangkokian's city lifestyle but it will not sum up as an inside out experience, especially the Lanna north, moreover, each region has its own distinct tradition,customs and the style of food. Since you have been a regular guest of Thailand, I am sure you will agree.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,464 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amazing place!!

Wow Reet, that sounds like really authentic Northern Thai cuisine! LOL

When we dined in Chiang Rai, I didn't feel my lips for 3 days!!!