We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! ! Hua Hin or Cha Am - We are a young couple!!....

Which Cha-am hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bolton
9 posts
Save Topic
HELP! ! Hua Hin or Cha Am - We are a young couple!!....

Was just about to book two weeks next April at the Regent (Holiday Inn) in Cha Am but am having second thoughts after reading some reviews of the resort.

We have been told by our travel agent that Hua Hin is ten minutes in a taxi from our resort if we want some lively nightlife, but he has also assured us that there a plenty of bars and restaraunts near the Regent on Cha Am if we just wnat to pop out for a meal and some quiet drinks... this dones't tally with some comments I've read...

Please can someone help as I now can't decide what to do.

We are looking a chilled-out relaxing holiday, want to be able to spend most evenings having a few quiet drinks in bars, sampling different restaraunts and occassionlly having one too many!!

If we stay in Cha Am we would book the Mariott.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

York
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! ! Hua Hin or Cha Am - We are a young couple!!....

We have just come back from Cha am after visiting Hong Kong, Sydney and Bangkok and our stay in Cha am was to be just a relaxing time by the beach, so we were ready for a break. However, it was too quiet even for us - we are in our mid-fourties. We stayed at the Springfield Beach resort and I have to say I was dissapointed, and we were not the only ones. The beach is not very nice there, although I believe it is better further up. There is nothing to do, unless you want to walk along the beach and I didn't! There were lots of dead fish and jelly fish.

We went to the market at Hua Hin twice. I would definately recommend that if you are going to Cha am or Hua Hin don't take a lot of stuff with you as it is true what they say about the markets being so cheap.

Unless you are really into getting a tan and relaxing by the pool I would make sure of the facilities at your hotel to see what else there is to do. Everyone is different, and all I can say is we wouldn't go back.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! ! Hua Hin or Cha Am - We are a young couple!!....

The Regent is between Cha Am and Hua Hin, there are a 'few' places around but it is very quiet unless you are happy to stay in the hotel all the time. There isn't that much is Cha Am.

My personal opinion is you would be far better off in Hua Hin, go south of the town from the Marriott heading south and there are lots of nice places on the beach, you have large resorts like the Marriott, Hyatt, Wora Bura plus lots of smaller boutique style places. Try beachsaim.com and you will find some nice places.

If you want restaurants , nbars, night markets and some nightlife then Hua Hin would be much better. I would say it is more than 10 minutes into Hua Hin.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! ! Hua Hin or Cha Am - We are a young couple!!....

The Regent is between Cha Am and Hua Hin, there are a 'few' places around but it is very quiet unless you are happy to stay in the hotel all the time. There isn't that much is Cha Am.

My personal opinion is you would be far better off in Hua Hin, go south of the town from the Marriott heading south and there are lots of nice places on the beach, you have large resorts like the Marriott, Hyatt, Wora Bura plus lots of smaller boutique style places. Try beachsiam.com under Hua Hin and you will find some nice places.

If you want restaurants , nbars, night markets and some nightlife then Hua Hin would be much better. I would say it is more than 10 minutes into Hua Hin.

4. Re: HELP! ! Hua Hin or Cha Am - We are a young couple!!....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am