We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cha Am + good tailor?

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cha Am + good tailor?

Hi!

Is there tailors (good tailor would be best) in Cha Am?

Or do we need to go to the Hua hin?

We are going to stay in Regent Chalet...

Any info about the hotel+area?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
299 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

There are some tailor shops around the hotel. I don't know if any is particularly good, though.

THe hotel is nice. I like the food there very much.

The area is safe but a bit quiet during low season. There are 2 minimarts, one coffe shops, 2-3 simple massage places, taxi services, and 2-3 midsized resorts.

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

Hi!

are the tailors near to Regent Chalet very expencive?

Or almost same price as in Hua hin?

Castle Cary, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

Hi,Mr King is highly rated and had a shop on site at the hotel and also in the nearby village.He's certainly quick!!Hua Hin has loads of tailors but I don't know how you'd find out which were any good.Also in Cha am is apparently a very good tailor who specializes in embroidery-I didn't have anything done bit someone in the hotel did and they were very pleased.

Get any laundry done in the village-much cheaper than the hotel.This also applies to bottled water.

Hua Hin night market is GREAT.I felt very safe(single female),but you must haggle for the right price.Also fab food at market stalls.

Have a great holiday-Nancy.

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

Thank you for help :)

Do you remember the name of the tailor who is specified with embroider?

Castle Cary, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

Hi.no I'm sorry I don't.But Cha am 'village'(very close to the Regent) is quite small and the embroiderer is diagonally opposite Mr King's.Mr King's other shop is very near to the chalets so you could always ask him!!

Castle Cary, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

Hi,(again),I've just remembered-the shop you want has a window full of embroidered dresses-so you will know which one it is!

helsinki
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

Cheerio,I've been twice in the chalet and once in the main building.´There's no need to go to Hua hin for tailorshopping.At the beach road in Cha am village is Boston tailor.Actually they have two shops.They are on left side of the road near Methavalai hotel.(Adress 259/6 Ruamchit Road)It,s not the cheapest tailor but not the most expensive one either.I had my wedding dress made there and it was a success. Also in the small hotel village surrounding the Regent there is numorous tailors.Some good some bad.Armani is good.I don't récommend the King's Fashion at the chalet or their other shops near the hotel.The owner is a little bit too sleezy on my taste and actually speaks bullshit when you try to ask something about the quality of the silk. Want to have a nice meal and evening? Go to D.D cocktail ....both thai and western food and good atmosphere.Simple restaurant but what a feelin'.....Tom yum gung is also good.You'll find these place when you walk straight beside the main hotel,minimart and Grand Sema hall towards the Tipviman hotel......

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

Thank you very very much!

Can't wait to be there :)

Any ideas; should I change money in hotel (Regent Chalet) or somewhere else?

helsinki
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

You can change money at Regent main building,but don't do that if it's not absolutely necessary!The hotel rates are much much worse than anywhere else.You can change money in the bank at beach road in Cha am village(closes quite early) and there is also an ATM money exchange near Methavalai hotel.In Hua hin there's many places to change money.At the Regent area there's automats where you can cash bahts with a creditcard.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
299 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cha Am + good tailor?

About the money exchange. At the hotel is normally expensive. Cashing from the ATM is also subject to a fee, I think. My friend told me when she went overseas and did that, the charge was 400 Baht or perhaps some 10 USD.

Agreed that the bank on the main street is the best place.

Get answers to your questions about Cha-am