We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casuarina Resort, Cha-am

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casuarina Resort, Cha-am

Hi. Has anyone stayed at Casuarina Resort in Cha-am -

http://www.hotelthailand.com/chaam/casuarina

It has only recently opened and I cannot find any reviews on it on Tripadvisor or any other site.

It looks amazing on the website but sometimes need some reviews for re-assurance. Please let me know if you have any views on it.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casuarina Resort, Cha-am

Sorry I have never been there though I went around that area some years back.

I 'think' it is actualy at Puek Tien Beach which is actualy north of Cha Am towards Phetchbauri, so it is quite a way from Hua Hin if you planned restaurants/nightmarkets/shopping etc.

Quite remote area.

Is there any particular appeal ? If you were looking for a nice boutique style place around Cha Am the Casa Papaya or Veranda resort might be more suitable if you haven't been to the area, they are both very nice.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Casuarina Resort, Cha-am

Hi thanks for the info. How far in a taxi would it be from Puk-Tien to the centre of Hua Hin?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casuarina Resort, Cha-am

I guess something like 30 minutes. Do appreciate Puk Thien is quite remote with little around it, I would have a browse at some of the other places closer to Hua Hin, even if you decide to stick with the Casuarina, a nice small boutique beach place in Hua hin is Kaban Tamor. Try www.huahinwhatson.com and then click through the hotels page to get some ideas.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casuarina Resort, Cha-am

Just went there last month. It was nice, but the pool is a bid rundown. The room is just ok but the bed is too soft. It is quite far from the main highway, almost 25 mins drive and it is not easy to go around.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
299 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casuarina Resort, Cha-am

First of all, it's not new at all. In fact I also heard some things showing the age too.

In addition to what Monica suggested above, which are truly nice and stylish, Beach Garden Resort is another one in the same neighborhood and of mid range budget.

Around here transportation to Hua Hin is not much to worry.

6. Re: Casuarina Resort, Cha-am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am