We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn - January 2013

Which Cha-am hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn - January 2013

Hi Everyone,

My boyfriend and I have just booked a 7 night stay at The Holiday Inn Regent Beach for next January (for my birthday).

We have stayed in Bangkok for a stop over before and fell in love with Thailand so very excited about going back.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect in mid january...will it be busy? what will the weather be like?

We are arriving at Bangkok airport around 9pm and plan to head straight for the hotel by taxi...is it better to pre-book? will there be a surcharge for the time of night?

Any answers will be much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Sel

Essex
Level Contributor
193 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

We book with Thomas Cook or Netflights - accommodation and flights but book transfers separately. They can usually beat Internet prices. Easter 2012 we got 14 nights, flights from Heathrow to Bangkok direct with EVA , staying in the Holiday Inn Cha Am for £950. This was a bit more expensive than usual as it was the school holidays. Pm if you need more info.

Scotland
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

Have a look at flight centre. They seem to have a deal with the holiday inn. We got flights and accom for 8 nights in November for £555. (from gatwick) Slightly worried about the Vietnam airways flight as we usually fly emirates but I'm sure it will be fine!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

Hi birdie,

We booked through trailfinders UK and are flying emirates. Not sure on cost of that bit alone though as its part of a bigger holiday to india and thailand.

Highly recommend trailfinders though if your wanting something a bit different to the standard package :)

Sel

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

Have not flown Vietnam Airlines long-haul but on regional they are fine

From 32 seconds into the video clip and you can see the Economy class cabin, seatback PTV etc,( a few shots of Business Class but mostly Economey ) that is to Ho Chi Minh City / Hanoi, probably a smaller A-320/321 for the short 1 hr 30/50 hop from those to Bangkok

I know Emirates use their big A-380's on Bangkok-Dubai-Europe now, but for anyone who has flown on their Boeing 777 ( same type as Vietnam Airlines use to Europe ) worth noting Emirates oputs in 10 seats across, Vietnam Airlines 9 seats across, so you should find it quite comfortable.

A-321 type used between Ho Chi Minh City / Hanoi and Bangkok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmrvAgwzLGs

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

Sorry lost that first video clip of the 777 , will try and find it again and re-post for you

Scotland
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

Thanks Monica. They had been getting horrid reviews in the vietnam forum and as it was so cheap I was starting to worry. Thanks again :) can't wait to get back to Thailand.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

Found that clip of the 777

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9q8jwZQlg8

As I said I have not flown with them long - haul, however I guess I am one of the lucky few when it comes to travel, I have flown around the world since I was a child, so 35+ years of flghts and countless hundreds of flights and hotels, I think I have altogether over all those years had 3 or 4 not great flights, and stayed in I think 3 poor hotels :) LOL

Travel is the same as all Life, it is what you make it to be :)

My travel tip -

Look for things being about 75% right and you will enjoy yourself as most times it is way above that, those who seek 100% get rattled , miserable, depressed and upset when it's 99% - and they are the only ones who suffer for it,

- don't stress the small stuff and you will have a great time

Edited: 11:44 am, August 06, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

the Regent beach will no longer be part of the Holiday Inn group from the 3rd January and will rebrand itself.

You will enjoy

yourselves in the hotel - use the Regent wing pool. For me the village is the best part - It's like stepping back in time 10/15 years to what Thailand used to be - no sleaze - just simple restaurants and bars. Nightlife in Hua Hin is manic if that's what you prefer

As otheras have mentioned prebook your transfer - we have always used Mr Roong - good price and reliable

Enjoy!!

19. Re: Holiday Inn - January 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am