We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Airport to Cha Am Taxi Query

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
11 reviews
Bangkok Airport to Cha Am Taxi Query

I'm wanting to get a taxi all the way down to Cha am from Bangkok airport but am concerned there may be some pitfalls to this.

Will the drivers know how to reach my hotel if I give them its address which is the Long Beach hotel at the shorefront.in Cha Am proper

Will they understand me as my pronunciation might be a bit adrift.

I am cautious about booking a taxi online as they want the full fare upfront rather than just a deposit and I'm not that trusting frankly.

As I understand it the fare should be around 2000 baht is this correct ?

Edited: 11:03 pm, February 04, 2012
Frizington, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Bangkok Airport to Cha Am Taxi Query

We always use Mr Roong when travelling to Cha-am or Hua Hin, he will pick you up at the airport, and as he is based from that area you will have no concerns regarding the finding of your hotel,and you pay on arrival, we paid 2,000 thb last Oct.(return)

Mr Roong speaks good english

roongsayam@hotmail.com.

Cheers Latch

Frizington, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Bangkok Airport to Cha Am Taxi Query

Sorry Foxbat - it was 2,000 thb one way

Latch

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: Bangkok Airport to Cha Am Taxi Query

HI

we just go down to the public taxi rink and the airport and get a taxi there. Sorry haven't been to cha-am but never a problem going to Hua Hin

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Bangkok Airport to Cha Am Taxi Query

Thanks for that Fritzington that was a great help and puts my mind at ease a bit. My missus is a bit nervous about this part of our trip so thankfully I'll can reassure her now.

5. Re: Bangkok Airport to Cha Am Taxi Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, May 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am