We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inc or eat/drink out

Which Cha-am hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
all inc or eat/drink out

anybody advise wether it is worth paying the extra £1000 for 2 weeks for 2 people on the all inclusive or is it much cheaper to dine aand drink out ,am stopping at the sheraton jan 2012

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

Its far far cheaper to eat outside, however the Sheraton is a bit remote. IMO you'd be better off looking at a hotel closer to, or in, Hua Hin, such as the Intercontinental, the Hilton, or the Sofitel, unless you plan to spend most of the time within the resort.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

Stayed in the holiday inn Cha'am 3 years ago and to be honest we ate in the hotel rest most nights due to the remoteness of the hotel.

I would agree with bbtony and look at staying in Hua hin due to the choice of places to eat+drink - very cheap!

However, if your accommodation is already booked i would consider the AI option

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

thats about £35- p/day each, but may not inc drinks i reckon after a few days you will get fed up with the same old food in the hotel it may become boring

whats the point in going to thailand and staying in the hotel grounds most of the time

if you do travel around outside you will probably eat out , therefore missing some hotel food anyway i would just go for the breakfast option

up to you

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,660 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

If you just want to stay at your location in your resort and deny yourself the real advantages of a holiday in Thailand then go AI but I guarantee if you go outside your resort and sample the real Thailand, you will regret it. I agree with others, if you haven't booked already consider booking a resort in Hua Hinn, such as the wonderful Sofitel Central or the Hilton or others in that area.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

blimey! arandora actually agrees with me for once!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,660 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

There's a first time for everything, Andy! ;-) - and I'm sure it's not the first time - or last!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,185 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

Yep, don't go all inclusive, too expensive and you'll be missing out on the fun of Thai food on the streets.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

cheers guys its bed n breakfast for me then,im already booked at the shereton but im up for the adventure ov independant travelling outside the resort thanx again

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

we are going to Cha-Am soon. Did you find any good tours or places to see , eat ?

Were u at the Sheraton?

Tony

Level Contributor
36 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all inc or eat/drink out

I'm staying in the Hilton spa and resort hotel on hua hin beach,is it a nice hotel?I've read mixed reports.

Get answers to your questions about Cha-am