We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

Reims, France
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

Hello

I live in Thailand with my wife Lao. We are planning to spend a few days with family in Hua Hin or Cha-am or near by.

We will be: one couple (my wife and me), two other adults (women) and 3 children (5 to 10 years).

We would therefore like something suitable for family / children (two bedrooms or studio / apartment, mattresses on the floor could be also a possibility). It would be great for the kids if there is pool. Something not too expensive (modest Lao Family).

Internet access (wifi) is a plus.

We will have probably a car to move arround.

Do have you any suggestions/recommendations?

Thank you in advance

Emile

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

Lots of places from budget upwards.

Depends on your budget and time of year. Lots of places along the seafront beach road in Cha Am which is busy and 'very popular' for weekenders so has a good lively family atmosphere in particular at weekends and holidays.

Great seafood and family friendly. Lots of places cater to 'inexpensive/reasonable priced' accommodation seekers.

If you can give a good idea of budget that helps, Internet access is one thing but if looking for wi-fi in accommodation that will greatly reduce your choices and also is most popular in the more expensive places.

Hua Hin though does have 'town-wide' Free wi-fi which you can sign up to from your cellphone. But that covers central Hua Hin and not Cha Am.

Edited: 7:25 am, July 02, 2010
Reims, France
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

Hi Monica,

Thanks for your reply.

I have also read your post on Hua Hin.

Time : It will be very soon maybe end of next week, week after.

Duration only few days maybe 3-4 days on site

[As Thai culture, the Lao are really similar, nothing (or little) is planned in advance and the idea just came today ! So when we will leave and how long we will say difficult to say, but I guess it is like I mentioned above. ]

Internet : is not the priority, it is more for me to stay "connected", but I can find another way if no internet within accommodation.

Pool : I would like it because it could be very great for the children when we are not at beach.

Accommadation : I was expecting something with 2 rooms, children could sleep with us or on sofa (if any).

Budget : Not expensise about 1000THB/room or 2000THB/night (without BF)

The area : Not preference between Cha-am or Hua Hin. Myself never been there and for the Lao family it is for discovering sea & beach which they don't have in Laos. But I was not expecting to go far South so it is the reason I though about Cha-am Hua Hin.

I think, now you know everything.

Thanks again for your help.

Emile.

P.S : I will not reply on Hua Hin post.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

So 4 adults and 3 children, what is 'total' budget per night you are thinking of ?

I am picturing family sea-side break and for that I think the beach road at Cha Am would suit you as it has the Thai 'seaside' atmosphere. There are tri-cycles and bicycles to ride, lots of snacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHGS6TZdmZg

Short 4 mins video shows the beach road area

The more expensive tourist and class y hotels tend to be scattered south of this area towards Hua Hin, so shown is the main part of Cha Am and this is the Thai holiday weekend area :)

Will you drive down or train/bus ?

Edited: 9:15 am, July 02, 2010
Cha am
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

Dear Emile,

Together with my Thai wife, i run a small hotel i little outside Cha am.

There is plenty of space, WiFi in rooms, and a computer downstairs to be used for free for costumors.

There is allso pool table etc., but no swimming pool, but the pool at the Holliday In, (next door) can be used for 100 Thb.

You can visit our web side www.beachterrace-chaam.com .

Depends on the rooms you scose, but for 6 persons, the price will be about 2000 Thb. per night.,

Best regards

Tom

Reims, France
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

Thanks all.

I finally make a booking in Hua Hin in Chom view Hotel @1050THB/night/room

It looks a nice place, with swimming pool and front beach.

I will tell you more when we will be there !

Cheers

Emile

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

Emile, for Hua Hin itself Chom View is a Very good choice.

The swimming pool overlooking the beach is I think the largest swimming pool at a hotel in any price under 1,500, perhaps even under 2,000 !!!

There is also a kids pool section, plus, another small pool nearer to the restaurant area.

Good choice, I have often suggested to others for Hua Hin

7. Re: Where to stay in family in Cha-am or in area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am