We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 posts
Save Topic

i am going to the regent cha am in april. i was wondering if there were any good opticians in the area as i need to get new glasses.

Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opticians

hi,plenty of opticians in hua hin which is about 20 mins.in a taxi from hua hin. remember to take your prescription with you.

9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: opticians

Many thanks

Can you also let me know if there are many bureau de change in the area, also that cashing sterling is ok.

Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: opticians

No problem changing money, more places in Hua Hin town though

For opticians there are many in HH,

Time Optic near Hilton ( nearer than the map suggests ) and on main road

http://www.timeoptic.com/locat.htm - map

( from Satukarn Square area down to Sofitel / Hilton area is only a couple of minutes stroll so very near )

They will test your eyes free all high-tech ( frames are always heavily marked up everywhere) so aim for 25-30% off marked price - smiling always :)

9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: opticians

Many thanks for your help...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: opticians

Shirtbutton, I wasn't very impressed with the prices in Hua Hin last year for spectacles. Silhouette titanium frames and varifocal good quality lenses were not much if at all cheaper than in London. I did however toy with a gorgeous pair of sunglasses - I can't even remember the make now, but they were in the opticians a little way out of town towards the modern shopping/cinema complex - but a price tag of more than £300 stopped me in my tracks!

6. Re: opticians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question