We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

Hi I'm a little confused about this resort. We thought it was chalets, but looking at he reviews may be a high rise hotel too? Are they near/next to each other? We wanted a 'get away from it all' location. Don't think we'd feel like that if we were right next to a Holiday high rise?

Can any one advise?

Many thanks

Viv

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

hi there are two resorts the 5 sorey hotel has been leased/sold to holiday inn as the h.i. regent beach resort and he owner kept the chalets called the regent cha am beach rsort if you click on the hotel section you will clearly see 2 different reports for said resorts.the chalets are about 600 metres away from the holiday inn section.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

Thanks for the information - it has answered my question perfectly!

Viv

north east
Level Contributor
281 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

we stayed at the holiday inn in one of the bungalows in the grounds , we also had a look around the chalet whilst there , if you want a bit more luxury i would def recommend the HI over the chalet

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

Hello Vegaschick

Have stayed at the Chalets and at the Holiday Inn. On balance, I probably prefer the Chalets for the setting - really peaceful with simple yet comfortable accommodation. You get fancier toiletries at the HI and the rooms were a bit posher, but how long do you spend in the room? You can nip round to the HI - they run golf carts there and back but it's only a 5 minute walk (bats flying overhead and frogs & toads croaking away by night), less if you go along the beach.

I probably prefer the pools at the HI, but there's not that much in it really. There are some bungalows at the HI with fancy teak loungers outside - they're quite expensive and I would not choose to stay in them over the chalets.

The staff at both hotels are really nice and go out of their way to help. You'll enjoy staying there ...

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
913 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

So, just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons as it were, we go back to the HI next week, our 2nd visit.We stay in what they call an Anavana Villa, a bungalow away from the main hotel with those teak longers outside ( as mentioned in the previous post)Villas are set in gardens near the sea and the Regency Wing Pool.They are just brilliant,clean, fairly spacious with a great bathroom and a verandah.Would highly reccommend and can't wait now to go back.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

Hi all,

Is there much to do out and about around the Holiday Inn / Regent Beach area. We are thinking of stopping there in mid Jan for a week but we are concerned there will not be enough bars and restaurants to choose from.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

There are low key bars and simple restaurants in a small strip outside the Holiday Inn - read the posts in this very compact forum and you will find all the information there and restaurant tips too!

It's a very laid back and relaxing place to stay - if you want to be near the action then it may not be the place for you. I love it there, finishing trips with a few days in Bangkok to get readjusted for London!

The Holiday Inn runs a frequent shuttle bus into Hua Hin, costing about £2 each each way. If there are four of you, a cab will be about the same. Hua Hin's great in the evenings - little night market, good assortment of restaurants, a couple of temples etc. So you can have lazy beach days and a change of scenery in the evening. Holiday Inn also has restaurants of course - I think it's overpriced, especially the drinks, and they are shooting themselvesin the foot as no one seems to use the restaurants there. Restaurants in the little tourist village just outside are cheap as proverbial chips and good food too.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

Yes do also look at the Hua Hin Forum for more on eating out in HH, night markets plus sightseeing etc

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g297922-i9453-Hua_…

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

Thanks all for the tips, I think I will definatly stay at the Holiday Inn and travel into Hua Hin for some of the nights, I have some points on my priority card account and they say I can use them on the 2SNGL room on the 2nd floor lobby level (Whatever that is, anyone know?), which makes the stay very affordable.

Are you held to ransome by the taxis when you go into Hua Hin for your return journey like I have been in Bangkok a couple of times (Treble the fare for the return trip) or does the shuttle run until late so as you can use it to return on the night.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort

Relax about the taxis !

If I had to make a list of the top 10 reasons we like Hua Hin / Cha Am being 'stress and hassle free' would come very close to the top of the list !

Taxis ( car + driver ) will be friendly reasonable in price and polite.

Taxis may offer to pick you up but better to leave options open, taxis are available ( air conditioned and comfortable, includes station wagons / vans which are popular ) until late after bars etc close so no worries getting back at night.

Mentioned in this post
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am