We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

august?

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
august?

is it ok to go to bangkok in august (weather wise) 3 days,then onto a resort,like hua hin /cha am?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: august?

Cha Am and Hua Hin area have about the driest climate of any beaches with only October and November being "wet", even then though still drier than some.

August should be fine, maybe the odd shower but the Gulf of Thailand coastal area south are the driest beaches March to september. Less than Bangkok in August.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
887 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: august?

We visited Bangkok and Cha Am 2 years ago in September(beginning of) and are planning to return this September.Weather in both places was absolutely fine,a couple of afternoons in Cha Am when it rained but nothing really to worry about. I think as Monica4 says Cha Am has one of the 'less wet' climates.We enjoyed the rain as it brought out the most amazing monitor lizards and other wildlife ( we had a resident lizard that came most days !!)Everything has an up side if you look hard enough.Have an amazing trip,BKK and Cha Am amongst my favourite places in the world.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: august?

You should be fine.

My sister who is just south of Hua Hin says they had one day of rain in the last few months !

Average rainfall mm Thailand resorts in August:

Hua Hin area : 95

Koh Samui area: 105

Phuket area: 272

Any brief tropical showers are nothing to worry about, it is not like you get overcast weather, tropical rains tend to zoom in and out and then bright sushine. My experience in Europe is very limited but rain in the tropics is very different to there, I recall dark distmal grey days in Europe in my younger days of trips to France and elsewhere, when it rains in the tropics it is different and freshens everything.

4. Re: august?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am