We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting accommodation package for khao sok floating

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Getting accommodation package for khao sok floating

Hi- we will be flying into Surat Thani airport and are looking to head to Khao Sok, we are interested in doing one night in the floating rafts and then two nights in treehouse (loving the khao sok tree house resort)

Is there a good travel agent we should go through (many have suggested limestonelakes) and could we get to Khao sok on our own or should be skip the hassle of public bus and just go with a package deal with transfer included

Thanks in advance

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,677 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting accommodation package for khao sok floating

Whether you buy a package including transfers or not transfer by public transport I.e. bus, is not a good idea because of you hauling your luggage about and also getting from the bus stop to the pier and back will need a taxi any way. Limestone Zlake Tours are the most experienced operator and their transfer rates are more reasonable these days.

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
844 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting accommodation package for khao sok floating

Hi Fridles

We are also flying to ST for 3 nights in Khao Sok and hope to spend one of those on the lake.

When looking for accomodation reviews (as you do!!) , I noted this below (link)

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1657011-d380…

Looking into some of the tours bookable locally, all transfers seem to be included . Many TA reviews about accom in KS comments on help / availability of tour booking and so I figured that we would probaly wait and book locally once we can suss out whats available.

Also - and poss- a bit pessimistic - but if your travel plans change for any reason - (with 3 kids plans can change even if one of them ends up with tummy bug!!) - you don't need to worry about cancel / refund situation - I guess it depends when you travel!

3. Re: Getting accommodation package for khao sok floating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Surat Thani