We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far to Suro Thani

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
How far to Suro Thani

Hi, Could someone please tell me have long it takes to drive to Surat Thani from the highway turn off.. Many thanks CJ

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far to Suro Thani

Hi, or better still how long would it take to drive from Ao Nang to Surat Thani. Also what is there? Many thanks CJ

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far to Suro Thani

From the road from Krabi where it meets the North-South Highway you turn left, about 15 minutes to turn right into Surat Thani, it depends where in town you are going as it starts from around there, but in general about 15-20 minutes. From Ao nang should be about 3 hrs, are you heading to a hotel in Surat as some are outside the center ?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far to Suro Thani

I did not see your question about what is there. It;' a busy provincial town, most travelers just go through from and to Samui. Was there a particular reason to go there ? I you were heading by road north then I would suggest nicer beach places a little north of Surat to stop over.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far to Suro Thani

Thankyou so much for that information Monica4, we will be spending two nights at Ao Nang & have always seen the signs to Surat Thani so we thought we might go & check out the town this trip as we will have time. We knew you could get a ferry from there to Koh Samui but knew nothing else.We like exploring so we will stop over for visit if we want we can stay a night or just drive back to Kata.. again thankyou for your promp reply.CJ