We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surathani to Airport Transfer

Parkwood, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Surathani to Airport Transfer

Hi

What is reccomened way to travel from centre of Surathani to the airport. Any ideas of cost?

Ta Jen

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,114 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surathani to Airport Transfer

Taxi or bus, couple of hundred baht probably - 30 minutes.

Parkwood, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surathani to Airport Transfer

Thanks Cassnu

Flying out tomorrow KL 3 nights then 7 nights Phangan then Surathani 1 night, 4 nights Bangkok, 4 nights Phi Phi and 8 nights Phuket.

My first trip to SE Asia so very excited. Thanks for all your great tips over the past few months.

Jen

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,114 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surathani to Airport Transfer

Sure you will have a great time, so much to see and do in Bangkok and relaxing times in Koh Phangan. KP is our second home, been for the last 3 years and going again this year after Chiang Mai - have fun : )

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Surathani to Airport Transfer

I had a very upset experience with phantip tour on may 5th 2012. Bought tciket through seatran counter for ferry bus transfer which they use Phantip buses. In the bus Phantip staff have arrange their services for transfer from hotel in ko samui to airport at surat thani. The journey takes about 3 and a half hour from the island to airport. They promise to come at 6am for pickup in the morning but they didnt turn up. Their office phone and tour guide phone was off. Until about 6.30am we manage to contact the seller by merely saying van is on the way. My flight is at 11.30am in the morning. The seller guy answer his phone and told us the ferry will be at 8am. The pick up will be later. Which means i will missed my flight cos the ferry will take 1 and a half hour and bus willl take another 1 and a half hour. I told him i wanted a refund and he said he cannot. So just to pass this message on, dont be fooled by PHANTIP!!!!! U wanna get transfer to koh samui, pls go through seatran counters or only buy ticket from ferry counters! Very good and on time. TRAVELLERS OUT THERE, DONT GO FOR PHANTIP TOUR AND CO LTD. PHANTIP TOUR WILL CON YOUR MONEY, TRUST ME.

5. Re: Surathani to Airport Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, June 22, 2013