We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Suratthani City to Koh Phangan

Which Surat Thani hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Suratthani City to Koh Phangan

In may we (2 adults and a 4 year old child) want to travel from Suratthani City to Koh Phangan. We already booked a hotel in Suratthani City (My Place @ Surat) so we are ready to take a ferry in the morning. How do we get to Koh Phangan safe & fast? We really want to avoid to travel to Donsak pier. Read that Lomprayah takes off directly from Suratthani City. Is that right? Is it a long walk from the hotel to the pier? Is Lomprayah recommendable (especially when travelling with a child)?

(already put this into the general thailand forum, sorry, didn't noticed the possibility to post directly here)

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,409 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Suratthani City to Koh Phangan

Hi,

I have just checked the Lomprayah website and their catamarans do not sail from Surat Thani. In the past I have taken a Songserm ferry which I don't advise since they do get overloaded and the crossing can be rough. My preferred choice is the larger Raja ferry that departs from Donsak pier. However, this will mean an additional journey to the pier.

Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Suratthani City to Koh Phangan

Thank you very much for your reply. When you go to the timetables of lomprayah there is no direct connection but you can choose suratthani city as a starting point when you're booking. It doesn't seem to be just a transfer to Donsak, but an extra ferry. Bit confusing...

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Suratthani City to Koh Phangan

If you book Lomprayah from Surat Thani City you get transferred from ST to Donsak (no Lomprayah ferries run from the city) and then on to their ferry going via Samui to Koh Phangan. You can easily book this when you get to Surat Thani ((you're hotel should be able to assist you with this)

Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Suratthani City to Koh Phangan

Thanks a lot!!!

5. Re: Ferry from Suratthani City to Koh Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, April 13, 2013