We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Don Sak pier to Surat Thani train station?

London
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Don Sak pier to Surat Thani train station?

We bought combined tickets for the trip from Bangkok to Ko Samui, so the ticket takes care of the bus ride from Surat Thani to Don Sak, and the ferry ride from Don Sak to Ko Samui. However they told us the return journey wasn't available as a combined ticket so we are going to have to find our own way back to Surat Thani station.

How do we do that? Is it easy enough to get the right ferry, and then catch a bus or something to Surat Thani?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,546 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How to get from Don Sak pier to Surat Thani train station?

Brynn S, I completely agree with your sentiment and I too am a vegetarian and would have been absolutely horrified to have witnessed what you did, however, I have seen many cases of animal cruelty in Thailand and indeed in my own country and am disgusted by it constantly. However, to tell people not to use a service because of one individual's actions is, I repeat. ludicrous, a lot of good and well intentioned and needy people work for Thai Railways and rely on their jobs to feed their families, so please consider this when asking people to boycott such a company, especially when you are talking about one idiot's actions (the Thai Railway is a huge concern). There are other more productive ways to support animals in the fight against cruelty and indeed many ways to support the fight against human trafficking.

12. Re: How to get from Don Sak pier to Surat Thani train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 20, 2013