We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling around in Thailand

Stirling, United...
1 post
Save Topic
travelling around in Thailand

We want to travel from Kho Samui to Surattani, then from Surattani to Krabi, Krabi to Phi Phi and then from Phi Phi to Phuket.

We are aware that the best way from Kho Samui to Surattani is by ferry, but are there more than one ferry ports at Surrattani and if so which is the best one to catch a bus from ST to Krabi.

Secondly, is the best means of travel by bus from Surrattani to Krabi?

We then want to go to Phi Phi from Krabi which we believe is a relative short journey by ferry and then ferry to Phuket.

Could anyone who has travelled any of these legs of our proposed journeys give us any advice/knowledge of the best way to get about on this particular route.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling around in Thailand

I didn't go from Ko Samui to Krabi but I went from Ko Tao to Krabi via Surat Thani and it was a combination ferry/bus ticket so did not have to worry about which terminal it used. I just bought my ticket at a travel agency on Ko Tao a couple of days before I left. The trip was relatively painless.

I would imagine the same thing would be offered from Ko Samui...

Mentioned in this post
Ko Samui
Ko Samui
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
2. Re: travelling around in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Surat Thani