We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport help

Which Surat Thani hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
281 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Airport help

Hi, I land in Surat Thani at about 3pm in August and need to get the ferry to Koh Samui. I believe there is a bus I can get from the airport, which gets straight on the ferry to Koh Samui?

Could someone explain exactly where in the airport I should go to get this joint ticket?

So for example, from the baggage claim area to where I can get the tickets and then where I would go to get the bus?

Many Thanks

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,009 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport help

I've never personally done this at Surat Thani, but from my long experience of how things are done in Thailand I can tell you that this is nothing you need to worry about.

Since the majority of all passengers arriving at this small airport will be heading for Koh Samui, there will be touts for the buses and ferries in the Arrivals hall, 100% sure. In the unlikely event that no one approaches you the minute you get out of baggage claim, there are sure to be bus booths in Arrivals. Usually several different ones will be competing for your business.

Songserm Travel and Seatran are established companies down there which also own ferries, so you can rely on them if they approach you.

2. Re: Airport help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 13, 2010