We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London.UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

Having read up a lot of information on this hotel I was wondering if The Sarojin offers bottled beers as an alternative to wine etc. I see they call their bar 'The Cellar' which leads me to think NO beer is offered at all as part of their bar drinks selection. Can anyone advise me on this who has stayed there? If they do serve bottled beer what are their prices like? Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
32,317 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

Do they sell beer? Of course they do! There is more beer sold than wine. Singha, Chang, Leo, Tiger and Heineken being the most popular local brews sold mainly in bottles at restaurants but in cans from supermarkets, mini-marts and local shops. "The Cellar" is so called to support the Sarojin's claim that it has the biggest and best selection of wines from all over the world in Khao Lak. It is located near the main restaurant but the beach restaurant which is less formal and more popular for lunch certainly sells beer. As for price, I can't tell you as we were guests of a friend there but as you would expect of a 5* resort, one of the two most expensive in Khao Lak, the price of drinks is significantly more than nearby local restaurants/bars and those elsewhere in Khao Lak outside resorts.

London.UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

thank you for this informative update. I think what could be a problem for me is that many bars and restaurants locally will be closed when we are in Khao Lak form 1-13 May especially locally on the beach from what I have deduced so far. It will restrict choice and savings when we often prefer to go out and sample the local hostileries

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
32,317 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

The Sarojin has a free shuttle service into the main townships of Bang La On and Bang Niang. There is a new local restaurant just outside the main entrance and I doubt whether all three restaurants immediately to the right of the Sarojin on White Sand Beach will close the first two weeks in May. If you walk around the headland hen the tide is out the Rim Lay Restaurant will be open and they usually will provide transport back to the Sarojin if the tide cuts you off.

London.UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

thank you for the encouraging information especially as regards White Sands 3 restaurants

London.UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

Been here 8 days now everything closed on white sands beach and surrounding area apart from hotels in situ

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
32,317 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

They have obviously taken an earlier decision than previous years or perhaps in view of previous years.

Copenhagen, Denmark
7 posts
1 review
7. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

Is Khao Lak closed down in May?

We are coming May 16th. Are we arriving to a ghost city ?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
32,317 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

No and no! I'm sure you will have done some research before you booked your stay in Khao Lak including reading the information about what Khao Lak is like in the Wet Season in the Top Questions on the right where there is plenty of other information too. There will be plenty of restaurants, bars and shops open depending on where you are staying. Except to the Similan and Surin Islands which are closed you can still enjoy tours that are on offer, south to Phang Nga Bay, north to Khao Sok for example.

Copenhagen, Denmark
7 posts
1 review
9. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

Yes I did realize that we are taking a change to come in rain season, but I am hoping that we dont get 24hours of rain :)

But suddenly I got worried reading that some restaurants were closing earier this year.

London.UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: THE SAROJIN : is beer available from the Bar?

The town restaurants are mainly open but several are closing next week Smile closes Tuesday for example and only the resort hotels are open north of khao lak and ban yang beach wise if you are looking for lunch on the beach

Also it seems Sundays many establishments close in the evening in the wet season ...we have been out here for 8 days so far.

I will add that most of the Thai owned establishments are open all year round from research carried out so far.