We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Done Sarojin & Le Meridien - where next on a smaller budget?

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derby
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Done Sarojin & Le Meridien - where next on a smaller budget?

Hi all,

I've been to Khao Lak twice in the last 5 years, first staying at the Sarojin then Le Meridien in Jan this year. I loved them both and would love to go back but the prices have gone up so much!

We love the location of Le Meridien and the beach restaurants & massage huts near it. The beach here was also stunning. My maximum budget is £100 a night & we plan to go this January 2014 so I know availability will be an issue.

Has anyone got any ideas about anything similar? I'm afraid we've been spoilt!

Thanks in advance!

Derby
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Done Sarojin & Le Meridien - where next on a smaller budget?

Haha, thank you! Not sure if that makes it harder! I'm leaning towards the Sands but need to check there are beach restaurants we can use in the evening. Nothing better than listening to the waves with a Chang!

liverpool
Level Contributor
491 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Done Sarojin & Le Meridien - where next on a smaller budget?

Hi Amy

There are beach shacks a short walk away from the Sands just past Lah Own Resort where I will be staying in April

Best wishes Nora

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Done Sarojin & Le Meridien - where next on a smaller budget?

We have booked three rooms for the Sands May 2014 and all we needed to do was give the hotel a credit card for security. We have not paid a cent and won't until we arrive in May. We did book direct however, but they still gave us a great rate. It's fully cancellable too.

I am not sure that they will offer these terms for January though as it will be peak season?

Australia
Level Contributor
300 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Done Sarojin & Le Meridien - where next on a smaller budget?

Interested in what you decide. Where have you found the Sands and similar standard resorts for £100? The best I found in my research was £120. We have booked Lah Own beach resort. It's no Sarojin but it's amazing value for money.

15. Re: Done Sarojin & Le Meridien - where next on a smaller budget?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 04, 2014