We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Hi my wife and are are looking to go for 2-3 weeks we our 9 months old daughter, any suggestions or tips for traveling with a baby??

Also any recommendations on parts to visit, tours and weather in May all baby friendly??

All help gratefully received, first trip away with our baby and no idea what to do :-(

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,810 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Could you give details of this company and its charges please as this will be useful for other members in the future.

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

www.kids-on-board.com all info and prices on the website, very detailed!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,810 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

I would compare those prices very carefully with Cheaper than hotel Taxis in my reply #17 at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

2900 baht with Kids on Board compared with 1200 baht for Boss (+200 baht for car seat) is a huge increase. His is a modern fleet of various vehicles too. Contact him at cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com for a quote and ask him about a baby buggy.

I'm not too impressed either with the statement on Kids on Board website that "The traffic in Phuket is one of the most dangerous in the world." It is heavy and hazardous but that statement is exaggerated, it appears to me, to frighten potential customers into booking rather than persuading them by competitive prices. Also bear in mind that if you are not staying on Phuket, driving to Khao Lak is in completely the opposite direction from the airport to the popular Phuket resorts, is a straightforward trip on an excellent highway all the way and is virtually traffic free.

Pay the extra for convenience by all means but don't be mislead into thinking any alternative will endanger your child's life.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Boss it is!!!

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

I had a quick look at the website you mentioned and nearly had a heart attack! Even our resort only charges 1500B .

We are planning on hiring a car from phuket airport on our next trip- we have been to KL for several years now, and feel very confident that the journey from the airport will be okay for us. totally different driving scenario in phuket and KL. (and of course we would never ever consider driving in bangkok)

Leeds
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Hi, we are travelling to Kho Lak in May for 16nights. We have stayed 2 yr ago and this year we bringing our by then 17month old baby boy. We are also unsure about bringing a car seat...as the taxi drive from the airport to the hotel is approx 1h drive. What web site did you find to book the car seat on advance please?

Thank you in advance. Fran

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,810 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Book with Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis and he will provide the car seat. Contact cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

I would recommend buying a cheap second hand light buggy from eBay before you good for the purpose of the trip. I bought a chicco snappy for less than £20 and it was perfect for khao lak & transporting a toddler about. Also it's good for situations where you need toddler to be kept in one place while you have to do something else! Also good place for toddler to have a snooze at lunchtime / after dinner, etc . Also you really need it for going through airport even if only for keeping them secure when you are at passport control check in, walking through airport with an armful of bags, etc.

In all honestly my other half thought we could do without it but it was invaluable and without it would have made it 100 million times worse!

Also we took a net bag full of wee toys- favourite cars, octonauts, raa raa figures, tea set, trains, small books. It became the bag we took to restaurants as distractions. Also they like playing on the floor of restaurants with them! We gave in an bought an Vtech Innotab and have to say it worked a treat at distracting/ entertaining small people so we ( and other diner!) could have dinner in peace!

Dundee, Scotland...
Level Contributor
36 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

Howdy guys, just found this thread and wondered if i could jump on! :) Im thinking about going to khao lak to the coconut homes apartments in December over christmas from the 18th December till 5th jan with my 16 year old son and by then 2 year old daughter. Can i ask how you guys managed. Its just me on my own with no Partner and im a bit hesitant to know if you guys think it will be too much for me? what is thailand like at christmas? Will i be able to get everything i need to keep us all fed and ocupied during this time? i have saved the post about boss taxis. does he do airport transfers? I am just at the beginning of planning my trip so all advice welcome. Thank you in advance

ann :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,810 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bringing our baby to Khao Lak in May

As this is an old topic you would probably get more answers if you started a new one with your specific queries. However, a few points. Yes boss does airport transfers. Coconut Homes is a small new development in the Pak Weeb/ Coconut Beach area located just off the road down from the highway to the Kantary Resort, white Sand Beach and the Boatyard. It is probably a 20-30 minute walk to the beach. There are no local restaurants or shops in the immediate vicinity and you are about 25 minutes by taxi into the main townships of Bang Niang and 5 minutes further to Bang La On where you would get your supplies, although there is a minimart on the road down from the highway that sells many things cheaper than you would get in town.

Christmas is very low key and centred mainly on the larger family resorts and dining out on Xmas Eve or Xmas Day. New Year is usually celebrated with dinner on New Year's Eve either on the beach or in town with going to the beach for the firework displays at midnight all along the coast.

Hope this helps.