We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

Sussex
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

Me and the Mrs will be staying here mid Feb for a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone can recommend some nice restaurants/bars within walking distance, beach or road. Don't want nothing fancy just the usual good food and setting etc. Hope you can help and apologies in advance as I'm sure this question has been asked before.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

There are just 3 beach restaurants within easy walking distance of the Orchid Beach Resort. Lay and Sunset Bar are next to each other about 400 metres to the left just before the creek dividing Khuk Khak Beach and Bang Niang Beach where there are more if you wade across but being careful not to get stranded on the other side at high tide. Lek's beach restaurant is a little closer to the right next to another creek and if you cross that and walk past the Andamania Resort and then just past the J W Marriott there is a row of restaurants and massage places. The ones across the creeks are better for lunch as the creeks could get tricky to cross in the dark.

If you want a special sunset dinner go to the Sunset Bar and ask them to contact Nop for you. He will arrange a very different meal for you in a fabulous sunset setting.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

Hi Mark.

As Arandora has stated above the SUNSET BAR. My wife and I stayed at the Orchid in February a couple of years back and loved it. The Sunset Bar is extremely good for lunch or dinner, the food is amazing and the setting perfect on the beachfront. You will love it.

Cheers Bob & Chris.

Sussex
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

Many thanks Arandora and Bob for your replies.

I have no doubt we will try out all of the above mentioned.:-)

If we do venture over a creek and get stuck is it possible to walk up to the road and get some form of transport back or even walk back?

So looking forward to it now

Best regards

Mark

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

If you cross over on to Bang Niang Beach then no problem getting a taxi back. Same if you go up as far as JWM. In fact it is a lovely walk along the beach in either direction watching the sun set as you go then so long as you can get across either creek you have more dining and drinking options and an inexpensive taxi ride back to the Orchid.

Sussex
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

Brilliant, thanks once again

Mark

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

Hey Mark.

Forgot to tell you mate. The restaurant near the beach at the Orchid serves really nice food also. Especially the shrimp/prawns in garlic and pepper, oh to die for. Just thinking of it makes my mouth water, lol.

Cheers Bob and Enjoy.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

and one evening we were particularly lazy and ordered room service, which we had out on our balcony with some adult beverages.

Sussex
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

Thank you all for the responses.

So looking forward to trying all these places. We have a deal at the hotel which includes a few evening meals.

I assume that these will be good also?

Also looking forward to some heat and sun!

Mark

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

We had a special meal there when we stayed a few days to celebrate our Anniversary. It wasn't ordered but it was a really nice meal and lovely and much appreciated gesture from the hotel.

Sin City
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating and drinking near Khao Lak Orichid

Hello.

Me my wife and kids are comming to the Orchid Beach Resort this weekend. Let me see if I understand this.

There are places to eat both to the right and to the left when you walk out on the beach? How far away?

Do you have to cross a creek on both side in order to reach the restaurants? When, during lunch or dinner (in mid january) is is easy to cross and when is it difficult?

The transfer that is provided by the hotel, does it also drive you to the litte "village" behind la flora and Ramada hotel or does it only go inte the city of Khao Lak?

Mats