We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few Questions!!!

Hyderabad, India
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Few Questions!!!

Hi,

We have been reaching khao lak in another 3 weeks. This is our first time in thailand and we are flying in thai airways via bangkok. My questions are:

1) Where will the immigration happen, in Bangkok or in Phuket?

2) The visa form says that for 2 people we need to have 40000 THB while travelling? how it is checked during immigration? will showing credit card help?

3) can I buy a mobile sim in airport, and which one will be the best for making international calls?

Thanks in advance and really looking forward for the trip

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few Questions!!!

1) If you are flying with Thai all the way on one ticket, you will remain in transit at Bangkok, your luggage will go straight through to Phuket and you will clear Immigration there.

2) Showing current Credit or Debit card should be fine if asked.

3) When you clear Immigration in Phuket and go to the Luggage Collection carousel there is a kiosk on your left where you can pick up a Free True Move SIM Card. You receive full instructions on how to register the SIM and top it up which will need to do before making any calls. You can buy top ups for 300 baht at any 711 store or local mobile phone shops. To make cheap international calls with this put 00600 then Country Code then Area Code (without any leading 0) then Destination Number.

Hyderabad, India
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Few Questions!!!

Thanks a lot for the help arandora!!!

Edited: 12:38 am, December 30, 2012
wales
Level Contributor
125 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few Questions!!!

thinking of going to Khao Lak Feb,looking for hotel thats near beech and bars.Maybe Bang Nang,I was told not much was in walking distance.Been all over Thailand ,but i like the look of this place,and want to get it right.Please can anyone help.3star will be ok .

Thanks Jan

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few Questions!!!

An idea of you budget will help with suggestions.

5. Re: Few Questions!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 04, 2014