We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

wirral
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Hi All,

I wanting to visit somewhere exotic on my honeymoon next year and thinking of either Khao Lak or Phuket however I suffer from Crohn's diease which means I am very senstive to certain foods.

Can anyone give me their honest advice as to whether (if they have a weak stomach too) they have experienced any problems here and if I should avoid it all together. Also what the weather is like end of June.

Thanks,

Caddy

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,697 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

Hi Caddy,

We have stayed in Khao Lak for the past several years for increasing periods and now we stay for 5 months and enjoy wonderful food of many varieties, mainly Thai, as you would expect, and in all that time we have only suffered once and that turned out to be a virus! I suffer from diverticulitis so am also sensitive to certain ingredients but seem to have more adverse effects here in UK than in Khao Lak.

As for weather in June, it is usually very much the same in both Khao Lak and Phuket, although Khao Lak has more of a micro climate with variations locally. The Wet Season for both areas runs from May to October but typically there is more rain at the end than at the beginning and usually in June still plenty of sun but with occasional thunderstorms in the afternoon. On the plus side though prices for accommodation are often less than 50% of those in the High Season so you can get some really great prices for your honeymoon. The Sarojin, Le Meridien and JW Marriott Resorts are popular with honeymooners.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,835 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,413 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
2. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 11, 2013