We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aarandora your help needed please!!

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
426 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Aarandora your help needed please!!

Aarandora we are staying at La flora hotel in March and you recently put an updated map of the area on this site I have scrolled to the right and can't find it have also looked at replies you have sent other posters but still can't find it would you be able to post it to me. Many thanks once again for your help.

Canton of Aargau...
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

Hi,

I think this is the link you are looking for:

http://www.t3x.de/khaolak/BangNiangmap.htm

Greetings from Switzerland

Hans

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
426 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

Many thanks Hans that's the one I was looking for

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,130 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

Thanks very much Hans.

caplac,

For future reference the link originally supplied by Hans is included at Reply#11 in the FAQ KHAO LAK Maps.

Hope you find it useful to help you enjoy your stay more.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
426 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

Thanks arandora as usual I didn't look further than reply no 1 caplac

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

Hi! I'm trying this thread since I can't find a suitable one;)

I'm going to khao lak in one week. I'm traveling with a agentcy, and I haven't received good answers for my questions.

I've have seriouse food allergies, against nuts and fish/seafood. I'm wondering if there is medical help near in Khao lak? Hospitals if something should go wrong. And will I be understood for this seriouse allergy. Was on vacation in Egypt last year. I told them several times I was allergic, and what do they give me? Shrimp snacks, so good I actually know how it looked. It's looking like regular potato ships.

I'll be so thankful for an answer:) this is always a concern for one who loves to travel!

Kristin

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,130 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

Hi Kerstin,

Where are you staying in Khao Lak?

There is a Clinic that is open all day on the beach road in Bang Niang. You can see it in the map at the bottom of this link http://www.t3x.de/khaolak/BangNiangmap.htm It is called Khao Lak Inter Clinic and shown opposite the Dentist.

However, the best doctor is Dr.Chusak who has a surgery every day from about 5pm to 8pm. His clinic is opposite the Book Tree bookshop in Bang La On. I would go there one evening when you arrive and seek his advice or that of his wife, who is a nurse and manages the surgery. You can see the location in this map http://www.t3x.de/khaolak/BNiangBLaOn.htm

There is an Emergency Hospital about 25km north in Takua Pa but the main large hospitals are in Phuket, the Phuket International Or the Bangkok Phuket Hospital being the best for visitors.

At most local restaurants menus are shown in English with a separate section for Fish/seafood which, of course, you will avoid. When you order just say "mai sai peanut - mee pare = don't put peanut, I have allergy" but I would recommend you go to the doctor and ask him to write your allergy down in Thai then you can show it when you order.

Are you allergic to fish sauce also? If so, ask for that to be written down too.

Good Luck!

Edited: 6:38 pm, November 02, 2012
Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

We are staying at sensimar khao lak beachfront hotel. Lets hope it's finished and up and running;) you know anything about it?

Thank you for very good information:) I will go there when I arrive just to find the location. It's a irritating problem to have, I've travelled a lot around and it's been going fine. But Asia uses a lot of fish sauce, which could be a problem. I'm allergic to that aswell. And it's nice for my co travelers to know where to find medical help.

Again thank you!

Kristin

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,130 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

I'm expecting an update on Sensimar anytime now and will post anything I find out as soon as I get it. From there to Dr. Chusak's clinic is probably a 20 minute walk, assuming you are not sidetracked by food, drink and shopping on the way, or a 5 minute taxi ride.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

Hi,

Further to Arandora's advice ...

I can advise from personal experience that the hospital at Takua Pa should only be used as a last resort (my wife spent 3 days there on her last visit to KL).

We found that the only person we came into contact with who could speak English was the Doctor (who visited my wife just once per day).

Much better to go back to the recommended hospitals in Phuket ... particularly as Takua Pa hospital served fish porridge for breakfast :-)

10. Re: Aarandora your help needed please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 15, 2013