We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in khoa lak

Queensland, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in khoa lak

Just wanting to know if anyone knew of any top things to do in khoa lak or tours from khoa lak?

Thanks bill

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

Turn your eyes to the right side of the page (unless you're using a mobile) and look through the very informative top Questions :)

Queensland, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

Uts a good idea I have looked through there thanks for the idea though

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,542 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

Still can't find anything from the FAQs? If not, what are your interests? Land based or water based? Active or cultural?

Edited: 9:44 am, September 17, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

im going to thailand in the fall with my adult kids and there friends and like any 20 year olds they want to do some parting . But me on the other hand want to do some fishing, some relaxing beach time, some bar time,snorkeling,and some exploring do you think this would acomidate all are needs? last time i was there was 23years ago so i asumed it changed alot .

Thanks for your time.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,542 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

These answers relate only to Khao Lak. Other areas are different and you would get more help and advice on other alternatives.

* Partying - Khao Lak is not a party area. It has a more laid back vibe. Although there are plenty f restaurants and bars and some late night music bars there is just one Thai pub, but no clubs and discos.

* Fishing - goof off-shore fishing trips in longtail boats or freshwater fishing north in Khao Sok National Park/Cheow Lan Lake.

* Beach time - Khao Lak has over 25km of glorious beaches to choose from and are very much different from other popular destinations in that they are not full of row upon row of sun loungers.These are back near the resorts that line the beaches leaving the beaches themselves free for walking and enjoying.

* Bar time - plenty on or near beaches and in the main townships of Bang La On and Bang Niang.

* Snorkeling - although there is no snorkeling to speak of from the beaches Khao Lak is the most popular starting point for day tours the Similan and Surin Islands, two beautiful snorkeling and diving sites.

* Exploring - not a lot that you can do directly walking from Khao Lak but you are just an hour south from the fabulous Khao Sok National Park and awesome Cheow Lan Lake, an hour north from Phang Nga Bay where you can enjoy boat trips into the Bat and sea canoes into the Hongs. Locally there are various elephant treks within easy reach.

Thinks change in Thailand in 23 months never mind 23 years!! :-)

If you think Khao Lak will meet your family needs please post again for advice on accommodation. An idea of dates and especially your budget for accommodation and type you would prefer (hotel or bungalow) will help tremendously to advise you.

Queensland, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

Well one of my favourite beaches at khoa lak is Pakarang. Your kids can have $3 beers at the bar and party. If you got sick of them you can hire out bungalow which are good and fairly cheap. Really good food, western and Thai. There is surf board hire and I am not suRe but I am sure there was someone with a big boat who did fishing from pakarang you might have to look that up. Lots of massage tents, nail care tents and volley ball net. The only thing is that when you ask a cab to go there they go to the wrong beach sometimes. Sounds stupid but the sign that says pakarang this way is wrong keep on going straight or whatever other way there is. Also tell you boys that the smile bar is awesome lots of good cocktails for bulk and sometimes fireworks.

Have fun billie

Queensland, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

Thanks but we have booked acomagation. We just did the same hotel we had last year

Queensland, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

That message was for aa2449 by the way. The one about pakarang.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,542 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

Billie H,

Must admit you have managed to confuse me (not difficut!) Your original post gave the impression that you were new to Khao Lak. Apparently not.

Queensland, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do in khoa lak

No I have been to Thailand before but we want to do different tours and things. I just wanted to see if anyone had ideas on tours they really liked and then hopefully I can get some good info on others tours we havnt been to yet. I have done that for Phuket and kl too. Sorry I confused you but your info was really good.

Bill

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak