We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

**Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
**Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

**Update on the Kata Groups new resort for Khao Lak**

'Beyond Resort Khao Lak' is due to open in November and will be the latest in the Kata Group resorts to open, originally was going to be called 'The Cassaway' ??

They also have another resort of the same name due to be opening in Krabi also in November

It is located on Khuk Khak beach just north of Le Meridien and has 153 villa's

(you might have some recent pic's of it Alan?)

details on these links:

www.katagroup.com

click on the logo for 'Beyond Resort Khao Lak' and it takes you to another site where you can see the brochure, it looks amazing!

also click on the 'factsheet' bottom left hand corner, page 9 & 10 have details of the resort

looks expensive though?? but might have some opening specials coming up soon

If their other resorts are anything to go by it should be pretty good

Those of you that have been to KL recently may have seen it or know of it, but i thought i would share this news anyway for those who don't know :-))

cheers

mossy

1. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:55 am, June 24, 2011
2. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:56 am, June 24, 2011
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,472 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

Cocotang is quite right, Le Meridien is on Pak Weeb Beach. However, the Beyond Resort Khao Lak Resort is on Pak Weeb Beach and is immediately adjacent to the run off that separates this stretch of beach from where Ma Ma Lek's is located facing "The Original Sabai Saba Restaurant".

Whether it will be as amazing as the website claims remains to be seen as will whether it will be good for Khao Lak. What is certain is that the beauty and the seclusion of PakWeeb Beach has gone forever. That's progress, I suppose.

From the state of construction when we left in April, I doubt whether it will be completed by November 2011.

The Beyond Resort, Krabi, is the former Andaman Holiday Resort, immediately adjacent to the Nakamanda on Klong Muang Beach.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

Thanks A...I removed my reply because I hadn't noticed November...

Unfortunately Beyond Resort is beyond my means....

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

"Khaolak Cassaway Resort

Phuket's Kata Group announced plans for a new 1.2 billion baht resort in Khao Lak, the fifth four-star under the familiar brand. The new resort will occupy 20 rai in a two-phase development that should see the new hotel open in November this year, in time for the high season. Kata Group chief executive Pamuke Achariyachai, who is also Finland's honorary consul, said he thought the timing was right to expand because Phang Nga is attracting five-star guests in greater numbers.

The group already had land at Pak Weep beach, and the plan would enable 148 units with five one-bedroom and two-bedroom pool villas as well. This project is neighboring the Hilton Khao Lak Arcadia Resort&Spa development." See more on Khaolakecho :

http://tinyurl.com/6heglxn

http://tinyurl.com/6dm6r6h

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,472 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

What's in a name?

7. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, October 05, 2011
8. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

Removed on: 9:02 pm, January 06, 2012
Wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

I have had the following response to a booking enquiry at the hotel. "There is heavy rain and storm in Thailand during October so we are not sure that Beyond Resort, Khao Lak can open in November"

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,472 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: **Beyond Resort Khao Lak**

Tht really does not come as a surprise. Even without the heavy rain it was obvious when we left in April that it would not be ready for November. It is very disappointing that hoteliers promote an "optimistic" opening date and take bookings based on that, leaving customers high and dry if they have booked all flights and other arrangements around this date.

There is also no mention of this delay on the resort's website which is disappointing also.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations