We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

just returned home from just over 3 weeks away, 10 days in Khao Lak, and although we have spent time in Phuket and Bangkok before it was our first time to KL, i previously got Boss details from TA, Thanks guys, and from the moment i first e-mailed him and got a very quick reply i knew he was going to be a good guy, so we had all our transfers and tours pre arranged with him before we left home

Boss arrived at The Evason in Rawai on time and in a lovely black Toyota SUV, very friendly, polite and a great driver, on the way he was very informative about various places of interest to us, he stopped off at the Turtle conservation place and also Lampi waterfalls for us on the way to our resort, that was really great

We arranged a Khao Lak tour with him on the Saturday after we arrived and we had a great day out with him for 1000bhat (will tell more about that in my JBR) Boss took us himself.

We arranged 2 more tours, one to Krabi for 2,500bhat all day and one to Khao Sok national park, lakes, raft houses and caves, great day out for 7,500bhat including a great lunch at the raft houses

i also want to mention his drivers that took us out on tours, Ruth for the Krabi trip, great guy and very good driver, had a great day out with him, hope his legs survived Tiger temple

Sunya, the driver/tour guide for KS day tour, great day out a fantastic tour and very well organized, and had such a good time and laugh with this guy (again more in JBR) and also a driver that took us for short trips Beam, all very good drivers, thanks guys :)

We used Boss couple more times for short trips into KL town, White sand beach for a few hours on the beach there and the markets, he even gave us one of his phones to call him when we were ready for pick up and he came within 5 min to get us, he carries a few loan phones for this purpose

I can highly recommend Boss Taxi's for transfers, tours and even just short trips around KL, we have booked him again for January for our son and his wife and look forward to seeing him again next year for ourselves, Thanks Boss :)

e-mail is: cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Rawai
Rawai
Phuket, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#3 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

Hi Mossy,

Sounds like you had a brill time and can not wait for the JBR's . I shall now contact Boss for my transfer from Rawai to Khao Lak as I was going to use a Phuket driver .

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Rawai
Rawai
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

Hi Mossy043.

Gidday mate. Bob calling from the Gold Coast. Just read your thread and in particular the info regarding Boss. I am going to KL in Feb, 2011 and we are going to use his services also. We will be arriving at Phuket Airport from Brisbane. Just wondering do we pay the driver when we arrive in Phuket or do we pay on line prior to leaving Australia?????. How long did you book BOSS in advance before leaving Perth ??????

How did you enjoy Khao Lak??????

Regards and thanks Bob.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
521 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

Julie.. yes we had a fantasic time, i can see why all you guys love KL so much now its just beautiful, don't know why we have left it so long before going there LOVE IT :) Boss does trips up and down to Phuket, hotels and airport for transfers everyday, so no problem for him, he is also picking up my son and wife from Patong in Jan and taking them to KL hotel

Bob... you pay the driver on arrival to your hotel in KL but just e-mail him and confirm your date and time with him prior to leaving, he will reply to you very quickly.

As i just told Julie, we enjoyed KL soooo much, miss it already and now wish we had gone for more time there, tried 10 days as we didn't know the area but really wasn't long enough, next year will be longer for sure, will be doing my KL JBR tonight or tomorrow trying to get back into reality at home now and back at work :(

thanks guys

all the best Mossy :)

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

Mossy043.

Thanks for the thumbs up. I have just booked BOSS on line for our transfers to the Orchid Resort, Khao Lak. Really looking forward to your JBR's. This will be our first time also to Khao Lak... We normally visit Koh Samui ( Chaweng Beach ) most years and really love it. Hope Khao Lak will also be nice.

Regards Bob & Chris.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

We are going to KL in Feb 2011 and would be interested in doing the Khao Sok National Park trip with lunch included. Can you tell me how long it takes to get there and what time do you get picked up and dropped back to your hotel? Do you go on your own or is it with a group?

I would like to book this once we arrive in KL do you think that would be too late, we are there for 8 nights.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
1,135 Reviews
Surat Thani, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

Hi Noodlesetc

There are a few travel places that do the KS tours, Limestone lake tours is a good one, but as we were using Boss for many things he organized the whole thing for us at a very good rate. There were only the 2 of us so had the day to ourselves it was fantastic, got picked up at 8.30am and took about 1.5 to 2 hours to get to the lakes, done all our tours and got back to the hotel about 6.30pm, great tour and well worth doing

you could book once you are there but Feb is high season and may be busy so i would suggest to pre-book, if you go through Boss you wont have to pay untill the day, Limestone lake tours you book through their website and pay a deposit

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

Even in February tours will be available when you arrive but two things to bear in mind:

1) prebooking will guarantee the day/date you want

2) most day tours offer a standard itinerary - typically, elephant trek, canoe trip on the river, trek in the Park plus possibly some time at Cheow Lan Lake, which is an hour further on than the National Park. If you want to personalise your trip it is better to book in advance and if you want to make the most of this wonderful tour a guide for some parts is a great advantage, albeit you you get a guide with ellie treks, canoe trips and if you go on a lontail boat on the Lake.

As well as Limestone Lake tours at http://www.limestonelaketours.com/ have a look at Khao Sok Explorer (based in Khao Sok) at khao-sok-explorer.e-monsite.com/accueil.html and Khao Lak Land Discovery at www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/bookings.php to see what is on offer.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Khao Lak Land Discovery
Khao Lak Land Discovery
695 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
los altos hills
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

We used boss and and paid the drivers. If you're lucky you'll get the DVD in the car and you can watch the BeeGee's concert all the way up the coast!

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

Hello there, Mossy

Greetings from Malaysia. I'd really appreciate your recommendation on using Boss- cheaper than taxi. Glad to surf trip advisor, & found your recommendations. I've booked Suwan Palm Resort last nite, and will certainly plan ahead for transportation.

I've believed an honest feedback will always be godsend. Hope my children will look forward to this trip, as each year we'll discover new places in Thailand.

Thank you and may you have a pleasant festive break come December.

Regards,

Lisa Loi

Mentioned in this post
Suwan Palm Resort
Suwan Palm Resort
258 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
274 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thumbs up for Boss- Cheaper than hotel taxi's

I can also totally recommend "Boss"...we used him several times while in Khao Lak - he was always on time and really gives a fantastic service...you won't be disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak